Monkey Bread {in the microwave}

RECIPE

I love caramel rolls and monkey bread. I could eat them for any meal. One of my friends, Amanda {who happens to be a FACS teacher}, used this recipe with her students. I stole it and make it ALL.THE.TIME. It is SO easy and is made in the microwave! It also all cooks in one dish. BONUS!

We make breakfast every Saturday at our house. Something other than cereal. This is made most of the time. My kids are huge fans! When we have guests I make it and they are always stunned that it is made in the microwave. You have to try it tomorrow morning :)

 


Monkey Bread In The Microwave
1/2 cup butter
4 tablespoons water
8 refrigerator biscuits {I buy Pillsbury jumbo buttermilk biscuits}
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

1. Melt butter, brown sugar, water and cinnamon in large glass bowl. This usually takes about 2 minute 30 seconds if I have just taken the butter out of the fridge.

2. Cut biscuits into bite size pieces.

3. Top mixture with the biscuits.

4. Microwave 8 minutes or until biscuits are cooked through. This really depends on the size of your bowl. I have found that it is sometimes hard to get the biscuits towards the bottom to cook as evenly so I try to use a bowl with a wide diameter.

5. Let stand 1 minute before inverting to plate.


So yummy! Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts