Interesting Tidbits About Me

First off, you can follow me on Facebook or Instagram.

I browse through a lot of blogs and I always like finding out a little bit more about the person behind the computer. It definitely helps you connect with them a bit better.  I thought I would share some random things about me today. I don't think they are that interesting, but I'm told you might ;)

So, here we go:

1. I don't care for chocolate. Which means, I am not a fan of any candy bar and prefer cookies without chocolate chips. Will I eat chocolate? Yes, I am not a picky eater. I just don't care for it. The other thing I don't care for is cool whip/whipped cream. Pass me the sour patch kids, gummy worms, and salty dips :)

2. Dan and I were high school sweethearts. I started dating him when I was in 10th grade. In a sense, I 'followed' him to college. We went through a few bumps along the way, but got married and haven't looked back! Here are some pictures to prove we have been together for 16 years:

    
I'm not sure when I stopped highlighting Dan's hair but clearly by our engagement picture (2007 - above)...#yikes

3. I love warm, beach vacations but am deathly afraid of the ocean. Sharks, specifically. I didn't realize this was interesting or out of the ordinary until talking to some friends over lunch one day. I enjoy putting my toes in the ocean but even getting knee deep triggers intense anxiety. I have been snorkeling a few times and I even tried scuba diving but neither were enjoyable as I was so nervous THE.ENTIRE.TIME. #GiveMeThePools #OrACatamaran #PoorDan
For the record, the fact that I continuously watch shark week each year probably doesn't help...


  
We tried. We made it. We aren't fans of it.


4. I am a bit obsessed with celebrity gossip. I am a fan of the Kardashians (don't hate me). I watch the show every Sunday (or at least DVR it). Their rise to fame and lifestyle is really interesting to me. I would love to be a fly on the wall for just one day in their home. Is anyone else super excited Khloe is having a baby?!?! #fangirl #honesty #dontbemad

5. I had asked my family what are some interesting things about me and my SIL said that I run a lot. I don't think it is that interesting but maybe you all do. I have actually cut back a lot on my running as I know it isn't good for you and I want to be just as healthy when I'm 62 as when I'm 32. I run at least 4 miles, 2 days a week and then I try to lift and do other workouts (stair climber, elliptical, bike) 3 other days. I am telling you, this 3rd baby has been so hard to physically bounce back from, so I am still working on it! I have done 5 half marathons and too many 10k and 5k's to count. I love running fun races with friends, but typically prefer to do my more serious races and training alone.


 
For the record, we deserved the champagne after this Women's Rock half marathon. It was SO hot (I'm talking mid 90's) and SO humid. We were well into the 100's for this run and I was a MESS. I got sick afterwards. But, running it with some of my besties was definitely a bonus! We even had a great cheerleader!
6. I have driven a tractor many times. During my middle school years {yes, I was 12 -14 years old}, I would help out my uncle in the field. I loved making some money and I didn't mind the work! In fact, one time when I was chisel plowing near my grandparents house, I clearly didn't understand the coordinates of the field very well. I thought I did the whole field, until that evening, when my uncle called to inform me/my parents that I plowed the WRONG field, which happened to my one of my friends' dad's field. Oops. I'm really not sure how that ever turned out. #MyUncleStillPaidMe

7. Dan would say I am a 65 year old soul trapped in a 32 year old body. I always prefer to go to bed at a decent time. In fact, I dread times when I know I will be getting to bed late. I love Wheel of Fortune and local/national news every night. I love board and card games. I wake up early and go to bed early. I would rather buy bargain than designer. And poor work ethic drives me crazy.

8. I have two tattoos. I love one and don't care for the other. I got one my senior year of high school {in my 'I'm 18 and can do what I want and know who I am' phase} and one while I was in college. Both were done with friends. I do want another one involving something with my kids but definitely do not know what or where yet. Any ideas?!

9. I am not a procrastinator. Never have been.

10. I don't travel with my pillow which I have come to find is interesting. I don't have a favorite pillow and can sleep pretty much anywhere. I always sleep in vehicles, have fallen asleep in a movie theater, and if I am home watching TV in the evenings, you can bet I will fall asleep. I don't sit down much, but when I do, I crash.

Hopefully you feel like you know me a bit better now and found out something new about the person behind the computer. On Wednesday, I'll be posting my February goals..for all to see. YELP! Have a great Monday.

Kate

Comments

  1. Love this blog! And love that blogger! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #7 made me laugh out loud!! I am the same!! News, Wheel of Fortune and an early bed time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?, running isn't good for you?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn’t good for your body in the long run! It’s hard on your knees and legs!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below:

Popular Posts