February Goals

On Monday, I posted some random facts about me. You can find that post here.

This year, I decided to start having monthly goals, rather than a New Years resolution. My monthly goals are small things to make my life more meaningful, happy, and relaxing. These are not going to be anything earth shattering, but I will post them on my mirror to remind me. Each month, I will recap my goals with you.

For January, I didn't sit down and write goals. However, this blog was a big goal along with posting 3 days a week. So far, I have been able to keep up with it. It's not always easy to find the time but I'm happy I have been able to do something productive with my morning/evening time.

Another goal I had was to be more present in the after school time with my kids. At our New Years party with our friends, I said I wanted to put my phone away from the time I get home from work until the kids go to bed. You guys, this is HARD. I haven't been successful. It's crazy all the things I use my phone for and then get caught up browsing Facebook and Instagram. I still need to get better at this.

That brings us to February. Here are my goals {just posted to my bathroom mirror}:



1. Do one family outing each week.
These are the long days of winter. My kids fight after school. I think it is because we get bored with the same things every day. I want to try to go do something one day a week. It could be a local sporting event or just going to get ice cream {not that we are all begging for ice cream when it's so cold}. We could go visit my sister more often. We just need to GET OUT.

2. Go on an adult-only date (it is Valentine's Day after all)
Dan and I rarely do anything alone. We both know we need to make this a priority. It doesn't help that we don't have family close who can just drop in and help us. My mom is so wonderful about coming up whenever we need but it is a little overkill to ask her to drive 6 hours so we can go on a date. We have had some awesome babysitters. We need to call them up more {if you are reading, be expecting a February babysitting call}. At least one date in February is in order!

3. Organize storage room
Our storage room is kind of a mess. It isn't horrible yet but it is getting there. I want to get at it before it is a disaster. We moved to our house 1.5 years ago and I don't think we have used some of the stuff in there. Time to purge.

4. Do a morning devotional 3 days a week
I have some great devotionals I have received as gifts and some I have purchased. I feel so much better when I do them. I need to give myself an extra 10 minutes in the morning and get this done. This needs to become a priority for me. 

By sharing them with you, I hope to hold myself for accountable. You will find out at the end of February!

I have a bonus post tomorrow: STUFFING HOTDISH! 

Kate

Comments

Popular Posts