Friday Favorites {2.2.18}


Once again, I'm linking up with other bloggers to share my Friday Favorites. This week, I was asked 'what does it mean to link up'? If you go to the bottom of Erika's post for today, you can see all the bloggers who shared their Friday Favorites. There are other link ups I will do in the future, but so far I have just done the this one :)

If you haven't already, follow me on Facebook and Instagram!

ONE

On Monday I shared some information about me (you can check it out here). I was nervous to share them but have now heard some funny stories about your quirks and how you can relate to one or more of mine!

On Wednesday I shared my February goals. I am excited to dive in to these goals/checklists. Does anyone else do monthly goals vs New Years Resolutions? What are your goals? Share in the comment section below. I love to hear what others are doing!

Yesterday was my Stuffing Hotdish. This is some good and easy stuff :) 

TWO

Who has FLY AWAY'S or 'BABY HAIRS'?!?! My favorite product this week is Play Clay. I have been using it for the last 6 years, at least. I first found it at a local hair salon. It closed but THANK GOODNESS for Amazon, they always have my back :) I use it for my fly away's DAILY. I also use it when I put my hair up and have those little piece that won't stay put.  I use it on roots where I want a little volume and lift. I will just mess/scrunch {not sure of the right word and I spent entirely too much time trying to think of it} my roots with my fingers or back comb after I apply this product. It also works awesome for piecing your hair to get a more chunky look. When my hair is shorter, I use even more of this product. We put it in the boys hair too! It isn't shiny but will help if they want a fun, flexible style.
*This lasts FOREVER as you only need a tiny bit each application. I go through about 2 a year.



THREE

A favorite is that the boys love board games. We spent the weekend at the fish house and I read some great books plus got to play some fun games! I bought Ticket To Ride after playing it with my sister and brother in law quite a few times. It is a fun, thinking game but also one that older kids can play. Jaxon is 8 and after explaining it and doing a few practice runs, he totally gets it and does well! Dan and I also play in the evenings after the kids go to bed. Date night in :) I highly recommend it if you are game people/family :)

SALE: I went to grab the link for this game so you could see it on Amazon. It is expensive ($50) but is on SALE right now for $39.99! I am all about saving $10 so wanted to make sure you knew :) I know a few people who have been waiting to buy it on sale, I need to tell them ASAP!


FOUR


I read this book while in the fish house. It is a romance novel about a girl who fell for her friends brother who was quite a bit older than her. She had a rough childhood and was like a sister to her friends' family. They went their separate ways. Years later, she goes on vacation with the family and reunites with him who happens to have a girlfriend on the trip. It is a quick and easy read :) I linked the kindle/digital version {that is all I use}!

FIVE


Sometimes, this is how our meals look at home. We try our best to eat healthy, but it doesn't always happen! This definitely wasn't on my meal plan for the week, but with a sick kid and headache, this is what was served. The kids would prefer this 7 minute meal anyway. Real life! At least I had grapes :) 




SIX
Question for you all: How do you store/keep track of/organize your photos? Do you always print them? Keep them on the computer? I have been lost at this for a long time and am looking for suggestions. Please leave a comment below...
I currently back up all my photos to Google photo. I like it because it is easy to search them by person {it has facial recognition} or event like 'presents'. However, I am horrible about putting into albums and I do not print them very much. I am wondering if anyone has a better solution? I never have enough memory on my phone so need to get rid of pictures fast. I'm thinking high school graduation and how I will pass on all these photos to my kids one day. Thanks in advance! 

********************************************************************************

I hope you all have another great weekend! The boys are headed ice fishing {again} and Ella and I are going to rest. She has been sick this week {again} so I'm hoping we can get rid of whatever is going on with her. This deadly flu scares me so I am keeping a watchful eye. This winter has been horrible for our kids! I feel like we are sick ALL.THE.TIME. It doesn't help that Ella isn't walking yet and so her hands are constantly on the floor AND then in her mouth. #germs #gross #notshockingsheissick

Of course, the Superbowl will consume our Sunday evening :) 

     
Boys weekend plans


   
Girls weekend plans (snuggles)

Comments

  1. I Shutterfly everything! I have the app on my phone and every week I upload all the pictures I have taken onto the site. Then I do albums when they are on sale. I label all my albums usually by season and year which them makes doing the albums so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For printing pictures i LOVE the FreePrints app - you get the prints for free all you do is pay for the shipping. It's an app so you can do it right from your phone. I'm a big advocate for actually printing your pictures (although I have gotten bad at it since after college). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How is the quality? I have tried Groovebook and it is so convenient, but the quality isn't great. Then again, they are taken on my iPhone so maybe that is the problem...

      Delete
  3. I absolutely need that fly away pomade! I have a huge clump of short hair on my hairline at the top of my forehead. Does it really keep them down!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It REALLY is wonderful and you don't need too much. If you try it, let me know how you like it!

      Delete
  4. I operate on the policy that if I eat something healthy at a meal then it cancels out anything bad that I eat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use Shutterfly. I use the app on my phone and I typically upload by month/year. If I have something more specific, then I will do a separate album. Im terrible about printing pictures though. When Rylie was born, I did a shutterfly book(my version of scrapbooking!) every month, for the first year. Then being her birthday was July, I did a Aug-Dec book to finish out that year. Then a year long book. And thats where they ended with Rylie. I have about half of Neelie's first year books done. I hope to get back to doing them and making them a yearly thing, it seems to be the only way I end up printing pictures! Im terrible about that, we've had a couple photo sessions and I havent printed any of the pictures. OOOOOPS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many people use Shutterfly, I would love to do the photobooks! I feel like I would forget to print them, though. I need to try! Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below:

Popular Posts