How We Wednesday {Take Care Of Ourselves}

Happy Valentine's Day! We are spending Valentine's Day as a family this evening. We have a special after school snack and a special supper planned. Last night, auntie Beth watched the kids so Dan and I could have a Valentine's date night. We grabbed supper and a movie and it was so relaxing :)




I am joining Shay and Erika's link ups the 2nd Wednesday of every month to talk about How We.....


As you can see, today is about taking care of ourselves. Some days at work can be hard and/or rough which is why self-care is so important. If I want to help take care of others {my kids, my students, my family}, I need to take care of myself. And I often forget that...




I am an introvert but with some extrovert tendencies. In true introvert behavior, I recharge by having some alone time. This does not happen very often during the day, but that is another reason I am an early morning riser. Honestly, making a legitimate effort to wake up earlier has really helped my mood {Dan has even commented on it}. This is probably the number 1 way I take care of myself. 

I try my best to have as little stress as possible, if I am stressed, I will be crabby. To my husband, to my kids, to those around me. How do I have as little stress as possible? I just try to be organized and plan ahead. I never do well with last minute things but have been trying to get better with being a bit more spontaneous. 

Like many others, exercise is a stress reliever and mood booster for me.When I wake up early and get my workout in, the rest of my day just goes smoother. I wouldn't say I eat super healthy, but I do make a fair amount of healthy food choices and try to limit the process foods. 

I  go to a women's event at our church once a month and usually something with friends once a month. A night without dishes is always stress free and good for the soul!

I also love to bake (Chocolate Chip Cookies are my fav) and will do this when I need a break from everyone or am stressed. 

In the summer, I enjoy gardening. I actually enjoy picking weeds and watering my flowers/plants. When we moved to our house there was no landscaping, so there was A LOT of watering last summer. I honestly enjoyed it! 

I can't wait to check out the other blogs today to see people are taking care of themselves. After reflecting on this today, I started thinking I really don't do a great job at taking care of myself. So, what do YOU do to take your care of yourself? Let's learn from each other!


Comments

Popular Posts