Peanut Butter Energy Bites {+ Protein}

If you are anything like me, I rarely take extra time in the morning to sit down for breakfast. I am more of a grab something quick, preferably healthy, and get out the door type of girl. If I don't have these on hand I either don't eat breakfast or eat something not as healthy. If you are one that takes time for breakfast, these are another great option for the busy days, as a snack, or for the kids!


  

I came across these peanut butter bites a couple years ago {I don't remember where I got the recipe or I would link it} and have been making them ever since. My kids LOVE them and typically have one in the morning or as a snack whenever they are in the refrigerator. I love that they are healthy, especially when I add some flax or chia seeds. A few of these in the morning definitely hold me over until lunch. You can save this recipe to Pinterest to make later by clicking the red 'save' button on top of today's date! I just figured out how to add this feature :) 

Peanut Butter Energy Bites 
  • 2 cups quick oats
  • 1 cup natural peanut butter (it really does taste better with natural but you can use regular)
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • handful of mini chocolate chips 
Optional:
  • Protein Powder (I use vanilla) {in picture above}
  • Flax Seeds
  • M&M's
  • Chia Seeds {in picture above}
  • You could also add the first 4 ingredients and split into two bowls if you wanted to add something for you and something different for the kids.
Mix all ingredients together and form into bites. Keep in airtight bowl in refrigerator for up to one week.

I hope you enjoy them as much as my family!




Comments

Popular Posts