Friday Favorites {2.16.18}

As usual, I'm linking up with Erika, Narci, and Andrea to share some Favorites from our week {and in this case, a little week recap}.

We ended up having a bit of a busy week! Valentine's Day was a fun celebration and we are looking forward to fun plans over the weekend! We have grandpa visiting, my brother is in town, basketball games, nephew/niece time, dance recitals, AND we have our best friends coming to stay for a few nights! We can't wait! Bonus: no school on Monday {just some dentist appointments}.



First, a clean fridge is a favorite. On Sunday evening, I got this thing cleaned out. It really is not difficult but I dislike cleaning the fridge. I don't even want to post how often I clean it out because it probably isn't sanitary.

Hanging at the doc office for a LOOOOONG time!

This Monday was our one night where we really didn't have plans this week {see post regarding how I take care of myself --> I need downtime}. I was looking forward to the relaxation of being home on Monday evening, however, Jace woke up very early Monday morning with intense thumb pain. He had gotten a chopstick stuck in between his nail and finger on Friday evening. At about 2am Monday, his thumb was a big, swollen mess. Dan popped it as it was so painful and his nail was coming off and all sort of gunk came out. We decided we better take him in Monday evening to make sure there wasn't anything left inside the nail and was looking infected. Cue Minnesota flu season here. After 2.5 hours waiting at the clinic, we came home with influenza antibiotics as it is infected and were told to check in with our pediatrician later this week. Thankfully, it is feeling much better and Jace is already starting to use it. The poor kid was in so much pain and he is not a complainer. I'm thankful he has found some relief.



Tuesday, my gracious sister offered to come over to watch the kids so we could do a Valentine's date. We were so thankful. It was so nice to get out for a little bit. We grabbed supper and a movie and it was...RELAXING. We could actually talk during supper. Glorious.

On Wednesday morning, we attempted some Valentine's pictures. I'm still trying to get used to this whole 'take more pictures for my blog' thing. The kids don't typically cooperate at the same time.





We also had bad lighting and I am not a photographer. 

And then there is my sister who has 3 kids under the age of 2 and she gets this picture:


I am clearly doing something wrong. This is picture perfect. Aren't they cute?!?! Couldn't they be triplets? L to R: Finn, Scarlett, Huck

After school, we had friends over for some Valentine treats and mom time. I made some pink hot cocoa that nobody cared for but looked pretty :) And the boys made a big heart cookie that was delicious :)


When Dan got home from work, we made fish and shrimp. We planned on going to church but we were running too late on time :( However, Dan did give me a Valentine's gift {we don't typically do gifts and I got him nothing}.........


This literally made me laugh out loud. If you are confused, read my post called Interesting Tidbits About Me. Dan just gets me.

On Thursday evenings, Jaxon has basketball practice. We enjoy watching him participate in things he really loves and are looking forward to watching his first game with this team on Saturday.



Weekly Favorite Product



I use the Nioxin shampoo/conditioner combo for my hair and absolutely love it. I have been using it for over a year now at the recommendation of my hair stylist and my hair has never felt as healthy or as clean. Whenever I am not home {lake, hotel, parents, etc} and use other shampoo, I can really tell my hair is different. This system helps with dry scalp which is a big reason I started using it but it is also great for color treated hair. I get mine from my hair stylist and recommend you do the same, but if you don't have one or they don't carry it, you can find it on Amazon here. Note: I use the level 3 as I have fine, thin, and color-treated hair, but they do carry other levels. I found this graphic that could be helpful, but your stylist is the professional, talk to them!


I am off to have a wonderful weekend, I hope you are too!





Comments

  1. Okay, I'd sample that hot chocolate because it's GAWGEOUS. I'd drink it even if it sucked because it's that pretty! Also, your kiddos are too cute. If it helps, I can't take good pics of them either haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty. I think I will try it again but tweak a few things. Ha, thanks!! Taking pictures is not an easy job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I'm still keeping up too LOL! Happy weekend to you - glad the little's hand is ok. Your children are adorable perfect picture moment or not! I need to clean my fridge...maybe I will jump on that today!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below:

Popular Posts