A Day In the Life...Weekend Edition

I've told you before, I love taking a sneak peek into other's day to day life. Well, I hope you do, too! I posted my morning routine last week and today is a post all about our Sunday. I did my best to capture pictures to talk about our day. Turns out, I'm forgetful and find myself not taking pictures for 3-4 hours at a time. Oops.

I captured a Sunday because during the week, 8 hours of our day will be me at work where I won't be taking pictures. I would have done Saturday, but I forgot. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy a day in our life...weekend edition :)

Sunday's are the day I tend to sleep in the most or as long as Ella allows. The boys are old enough that they typically sleep in anyway but if they don't, they can hang and take care of themselves for an hour or so while we catch some zzz's.

But in true Sunday style, Jaxon and Ella both woke up around 7:15.
Ella is really proud that she has this 'cheese' face down so well ;)

Breakfast for them....


Coffee for me!


Jace woke up shortly before 9:00 and we were in 'getting ready' mode so no picture was taken.

We have Sunday School and church on Sunday's. I teach every other week and this was my off week. Dan typically drops the kids off at Sunday School while I finish getting ready for church. Here they are ready to go out the door at about 9:15.


Ella and I are finally ready for church, too!

Trying to get the headband off her head!

We met our favorites at church (auntie, uncle, SJ, F, and H) and we take up a large portion of the pew This was a quick shot that caught everyone off guard. SJ enjoys church more than it appears. It also appears Chad was giving me the stare down.

Auntie, uncle, and kiddos came over for lunch and of course I didn't take one picture #blogfail

We have gotten quite a bit of snow over the past week so I brought the boys out for some snowmobile rides/sledding rides while Ella took a nap.





Beth (aka auntie, aka my sister), Jaxon, a friend, and I went cross country skiing. It was the first time for every one but Beth. It was so fun and quite hilarious at times. The boys were such good sports. They took many falls {I took a few myself}. We went a LONG ways. We were tired, sweaty, and ready to take our ski's off! Thanks Beth for the pictures. My phone died shortly after we got there but thankfully I just bought the Apple Watch and could still get messages and calls :) It was a lifesaver today!






I don't know what I would do without my sister....but I guess that is a post of its own one day :) 

Jaxon and I got home and nobody was here. We thought we deserved ice cream. And I did a little blog work while it was quiet :)


Dan, Jace, and Ella got home and they thought they needed a snack, too!


I started dinner while Jaxon and Jace watched a show on the iPad and Ella and Dan read some books.


And then it turned to wrestling. And a little bit of fighting. #everyday 


Once supper was in the oven, I played with the kids for a bit. Ella is currently loving her babies. How cute is this?!?!


6:30 We typically eat supper earlier than this but had a busy day with some snacks later in the day. Easy tator tot hotdish for the win! Right afterwards, I snuck to the grocery store quick to get a few things for the week.


We cleaned up supper and the boys took showers. I didn't have my phone on me, but Ella also walked all the way across our family room in the basement on her own and I just happened to see her! The furthest she had ever gone {that we have seen}!

Ella went to bed {thankfully, she goes to bed so well...it's just the waking up in the middle of the night thing she isn't great at} and Jaxon read for a bit while Jace and I played some chutes & ladders.





The boys had a bedtime snack and off to bed they went!


8:00 Dan had gotten most of the laundry done but I needed to put a few of my things away. 

I started working on this blog post and Dan decided to go on a night time snowmobile ride. He hadn't had the chance all day and wanted to test out the fresh snow.


I cleaned up a few things around the house {toys, floors, counters, the never ending stuff...}, did some planning for my SIL's baby shower coming up, and then laid in bed and watched some tv {cough, cough Kardashians} and was sleeping by 9:30.

Since I have started this blog, I realized how much of our life is devoted to our kids. I feel like this blog is basically about them! It is just the way it is when I have three kids and work full time. My hours outside of work are typically spent with them {unless you count sneaking to the grocery store for 20 minutes alone today} and so it is hard to showcase other things. I do have some posts approaching that don't involve them but this is my season of life right now. This is also how I prefer to spend most of my time. That is just a typical Sunday for us..ok, well we don't usually go skiing, but overall we are just boring people trying to make the best of every day life with the kids. We aren't perfect but we try to give them meaningful opportunities while we still can.

Have a wonderful Monday!



Comments

Popular Posts