Morning Routine

I don't know about you, but I love getting a peek in to others day to day life. How do they do things? It is always so interesting to me! I feel like our morning routine is super boring and fairly typical but maybe you will find it interesting. Today, I'm sharing a peek into our morning routine as a family.

Cue bad pictures {partly do to my skill}, tired eyes, and chaos. I documented last Friday morning the best I could with pictures.

First things first. Wake up. I wake up at this time every weekday morning except Wednesday.


On Friday's, I have to add my blog post to a link up and so after I get ready to work out, I spend some time on my computer.


I run on our treadmill at home on Friday's. I only go to gym Tuesday and Thursday's and try to once on the weekend, but that is typically the first thing to go when our schedule is busy.


I really don't watch a lot of TV during the week, but Netflix is my friend during long runs. I just started watching Gossip Girl. It's ok. I am only on the first few episodes.


After I finished my workout, I grabbed the laundry from the dryer and started the washing machine, spent some time checking out blogs and did my morning devotion. I am currently going through this devotion my sister gave me:





At about 6:15, it is time for me to shower and get ready.

#nofilter but I should have one.....
Typically, Dan wakes up at about 6:45 to get ready and then he gets the boys up. But on Friday, both of the boys were up early for some reason and came strolling upstairs at about 6:40 with their blankets. Jaxon is my early riser, Jace is our sleeper {most days}.


Boys were up and Dan got up too {note, he is NOT a morning person}.


Dan gets the boys breakfast, while I finish getting ready. They both eat breakfast as soon as they wake up. Jaxon also eats breakfast at school and I think Jace typically eats something at daycare as well. They love their breakfast.


Next, we go in to get Ella up. She is always excited to see everyone in the morning.




While we get Ella dressed, the boys get dressed and brush their teeth themselves. I try to set their clothes out for the week on Sunday evenings as it makes our mornings smoother. Here are their piles left for Friday and Jaxon huddled in a ball asking why I keep taking pictures.


I usually give Ella breakfast while cleaning up the boys' breakfast and while they are getting ready their backpacks together.


Two of the three kiddos are on medication right now so we do our daily doses...


and then we get ready to head out the door {bonus: we were on time this day}! Does anyone else love when winter is over for the simple fact of not having to get snow pants, hats, boots, and gloves together every day?!?! We usually have backpacks ready the night before but it still is a lot of gear to get on every morning.



Typically, Jaxon hops on the bus shortly before 7:30 and Dan brings Jace and Ella to daycare. Today, Dan dropped Jaxon off at school. He would have us drop him off at school at 7:00am if we were able. On this day, we were ready early enough and so Dan was able to drop him off before the bus would be to school. That is winning in his book.

Everyone heading out the door...{I think Dan forgot to tame his hair after he put his gel in...HAHA}




Jaxon will sometimes ride with me to work, too. But, I typically get there later than the bus which isn't acceptable.

When they all leave, I finish picking up the kitchen from breakfast, pack my lunch, grab a peanut butter bite, and am on my way to work by 7:35.


Another chilly morning.....


Please note, I don't have time for coffee in the morning and so my morning cup of joe is the first thing I make when I get to work!


That is our morning routine! Pretty boring and typical, but I hope you enjoyed a peek into our morning life. I am thankful that Dan is able to help get the kids ready many mornings. He sometimes leaves for work when I am done working out {or sleeps until 7:15}, but is usually super helpful! Also, don't be deceived...behind all these pictures is a lot of chaos, at least one person is usually cranky, and we are usually running late! Our morning routine is NOT perfect and our moods are not always ideal :)

 I am off to enjoy the day with my kids. First stop, dentist appointments :) Happy President's Day!





Comments

Popular Posts