What's Up Wednesday {May}


I'm Joining MelShay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up!

What We're Eating This Week...
I don't know about you guys but I am barely hanging on in the meal department. I just need the school year to be done...we are slacking here today.
Monday: We grilled burgers and hot dogs
Tuesday: Eggs and toast (keepin' it real)
Wednesday: Grill again :)
Thursday: We will eat something fun for the last day of school! Jaxon will get to pick which means we are going to McDonald's or Buffalo Wild Wings (hoping for the latter)
Friday: We will likely grill AGAIN! We have some hot dogs, burgers and chicken to use up plus there is no clean up!

What I'm Reminiscing About... 
Last day of school last year...


I wonder what the 2018 last day picture will bring...?!?!?!

What I'm Loving...
Last month I wrote about our deck and how we were stripping it to restain. This process took FOREVER! But we are finally done. We have enjoyed a whole week of having a usable deck again. We decided to go with a natural 2 in 1 stain/sealant in the hopes of never having to strip and sand this thing again. Here is our final look!

Before...


After...



Looking forward to our summer view without the machinery behind us!

What We've Been Up To...
We have really been enjoying the summer weather. We have played a lot of baseball games with neighbors, water fights, army battles for Jace, Fort Night (ugh), bike rides, finding ways to keep Ella occupied, basketball, did I mention Fort Night, and popsicles/ice cream.




Dan also chaperoned Jaxon's class trip to the zoo! They had a lot of fun and Dan said he has a new respect for teachers. He is amazed at how cool, calm, and collected they remain during chaos!






Dan's Cool Cheethas. They had a great day. Jaxon was excited his best friend, Charley, was in his group. (I didn't have permission from the other parents which is why their faces are grayed out)
They did have a wonderful time! Jaxon was so happy Dan was able to come along.

We also had a wonderful Memorial weekend (read that here).

What I'm Dreading...
Honestly, not much! I am so excited to have my days at home with the kids and coffee on my deck in the mornings. Things don't sound much better at this point {well, maybe if my sister still lived here they would be a bit better}. We went {almost} two full weeks without seeing each other last week. Finn decided to start crawling in those two weeks and Huck cried when I picked him up. I'm still Scarlett's best friend, after her mom. #lifeistough #longdistancerelationship #thankfulforvideosnapchat



What I'm Working On...
I got our landscaping FINISHED this past weekend. I have one more flower pot to plant and we need to do some patching of our grass but that was a project I have been wanting to complete since the weather started to warm up. I love having flowers and designing the plants around our house. I know it is not some people's 'thing' but I enjoy watering them and taking care of them until about mid-August. Then I'm done ;)


What I'm Excited About...
Our summer bucket list!! Stay tuned next week to read our plans for this summer. They are simple every day things but give us a list of things to do when we are bored!

What I'm Watching/Reading...
I am so excited to read some books this summer. Send your recommendations my way!!

What I'm Listening To...
I am telling you, this Apple Watch is awesome (you can even find some used ones for a discount)! I love going for runs and listening to music without having my phone. I have these wireless ear buds that work great! It took me awhile to figure out how to stream the music without Wi-Fi but I did an Apple Support chat last weekend and got it all figured out.

Seriously, love my watch!


What I'm Wearing...
I love this dress I bought at Old Navy (psst: only $15). I can totally dress it down or up. It was great for baptism and then transitioned perfectly to the lake!


Speaking of Old Navy, I am super tempted to buy a romper. I am short so feel like they won't fit right. These are in my cart right now...

This black one could be used for any occasion.

Same style just a different color/design.
This off the shoulder is super cute, too!

Plus, they are all on sale so I need to act fast!! Which one should I get?!

What I'm Doing This Weekend...
I am sticking around for some graduations and the graduation ceremony at our high school. The boys may head to the lake or stick around and enjoy our first weekend of summer break!

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month...
Jace is SIX! We have some fun birthday plans for this guy!



Bonus question: What is your favorite summer salad?

My family won't eat any type of salad unless it is some fruit mixed together. I, however, love salads! Last summer, I made this Dill Pickle Pasta Salad quite often. It was easy to bring to the lake. I plan on making it again this year!




Comments

  1. I need to make that Dill Pickle Salad...I LOVE pickles!
    Thanks for linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below:

Popular Posts