Friday Favorites {1.26.18}


Happy Friday! I hope you had a great week. Thanks to all who have stopped by my blog over the last few weeks. You can follow me on Facebook to get blog updates here and Instagram here.

Every Friday I link up with A Little Bit of Everything, Grace and Love, and Momfessionals to discuss our Friday favorites.

Jaxon got to show off some ball handling skills this week during half time of a varsity basketball game. They showed off their ball handling skills and right when they thought they were coming back to sit with us, one of the coaches (bonus: it's his teacher, too) brought them in to the locker room to catch the tail end of the varsity coach talking to the team. Jax was pretty excited to tell me he knew the game plan for the 2nd half. He even explained it to me {with actions} and told me how the coach's plan made a lot of sense. #IDidn'tGetIt #HeDidntExplainWell
A favorite of mine are the male role models in Jaxon's life who know that the little things, like going into a locker room, are special to second graders.

Getting out of the house on a week night is a favorite. Even if that means hauling around a tired 1 year old and buying tons of treats to keep everyone happy :) Dan and I talked afterwards about how we need to try to bring the 3 littles more places. It's easy to stay home. Typically, Dan or I bring the boys to a lot of school events and one of us stays home with Ella. Now that she is older, she needs to get used to these events too!


    

I also texted this to a friend of mine after the game. #WeLeaveOurMark #WeCleanedSomeUp #UghSorry #NotSureWhyImUsingHashtags



A favorite of mine is meal planning. I don't necessarily like to plan the meals but it certainly makes week nights easier. I typically meal plan on Saturday or Sunday afternoons and plan through the next weekend. First, I write down all the meals I am planning on making for the week. Then, I look at our calendar and assign them to days that will work with our schedule. If the kids have activities or Dan or I have meetings, I schedule meals accordingly {which means to make sure Dan has an easy meal to prepare ;)}.


I don't include side dishes in this list as I usually serve some sort of vegetable and I keep plenty of those on hand. Then, I go through my cupboards and figure out what groceries I need. This is super simple but it is nice to have a plan. I check our meal for the day each morning to see if I should get anything out of the freezer before work. I try to incorporate a few new recipes every month. I like to try new things {Dan and Jaxon do not}. Then, I either head to the grocery store or order our groceries online to save time. I LOVE this option!



Last, Dan scored some NDSU Men's Basketball tickets for Thursday evening. Jace loves the Bison and so him and Dan headed to the game. He had a great time cheering on the Bison and getting to spend some time with dad.


  

Jaxon, Ella, and I enjoyed some baking, building, and wrestling while the other two were gone :) Thankfully, she doesn't mind the boys rough housing with her a little bit.


  


If you are looking for something to bake this weekend, try my chocolate chip cookies! Soft and yummy!

That's all for this Friday. I'll be back on Monday with some Random Things About Me :)

Have a wonderful weekend!
Kate

Comments

Popular Posts