The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies

I hope you enjoyed your weekend! Dan, Jaxon, and Jace spent time at the lake ice fishing with friends. Everyone had fun, but especially Jace. I see many ice fishing trips in his future. The bonus was they got to hang out with friends and play outside in the beautiful weather.




Ella and I went outside for a while and attempted to go sledding. She was tired and wasn't mad but certainly wasn't excited.


   

Of course, we also cheered on the Vikings. It felt like we waited all day for the game. Then, the game came. This was not even close to their best game. It is unfortunate that they lost, however, we will keep the faith for next year. I feel bad that Carson Wentz is hurt for this amazing opportunity. Nobody, even my husband, can help but admire him as a person and a player. I've told Jaxon MANY times that when he is an NFL player, he needs to be like Carson Wentz. Jaxon will always respond, "Yes mom, I know, he is a good man". I know a few of us will be cheering for his team in a few weeks. #GoBison


The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies
I have always enjoyed baking. A few times a month, I bake chocolate chip cookies. They are a family favorite and don't last too long in our house. {I have also been known to mix up cookie dough just to freeze and eat later. And yes, I use eggs. And yes, my kids eat it, too.} These cookies are super soft and so, so delicious. You really have to try them! I know I am biased, but they really are the BEST!

   


Chocolate Chips Cookies
2 sticks of butter (1 cup) {I typically melt in microwave for about 30 seconds in a microwave safe dish; the butter should be partly melted}
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Chocolate chips (I always use the mini chocolate chips and use however many I feel like that day)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
2. Beat butter and sugar. Add vanilla and egg. 
3. Add flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add chocolate chips
5. Drop onto cookie sheet
6. Bake for about 10 minutes. Do not OVERBAKE. They should barely be golden.
7. Let cool for a few minutes before removing from pan.
8. Store in airtight container. You can also freeze. 




SO DELICIOUS



I'll be back Wednesday!
Kate

Comments

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below:

Popular Posts