My Baby Essentials

After having 3 babies, I thought it would be a good idea to compile a list of all the baby items I feel are needed. This list is of ones we actually used. Grab a cup of coffee, it's a looong post!

When I was pregnant with Ella, I created an Amazon Baby Registry so I could track the things I wanted to purchase {my sister did this, too!}. Now, obviously this would be super useful if you were having a baby shower. In our family, we only did baby showers for the first babes, but I always felt I needed some different things with #2 and #3. I used it as a guide for myself which made preparing less overwhelming. You can share it with family/friends who want to purchase items for you, even if you don't have a baby shower! BONUS: The registry offers a completion discount which will allow you to purchase items for 15% off up to 60 days after your expected arrival date! They also send you a welcome box when you start a registry (this was super fun for me to receive). I just love Amazon! If you are pregnant or a new mom, honestly, start an Amazon Baby Registry.

Also, if you haven't started using Amazon Prime yet and read my blog, you probably should splurge. You get 2-day free shipping on most items! You can sign up for a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime here.

Today, I will be going over the remaining items that I didn't include in my newborn post

Eat

                         
                           
                        

Silicone Bib
If you don't have a silicone bib, it is definitely a must-have! From the first bites of cereal to eating full meals, this bib is the best! It wipes off easily and can submerge in water (you don't need to put it in washing machine) and the little tray at the bottom catches so much food. We love silicone bibs around here, plus they come in many different colors/styles/prints!

Tommee Tippee Sippy cups
If you have a baby or are pregnant,
please know that this is where the sippy cups
will end up 3/4 of the time....
I tried these for the first time with Ella after going though many different leaky sippy cups with the boys. These ones do not spill (even when dropped on the hard floor from the high chair), are easy to clean (no mold allowed!), and the handles are removable. We have tried most sippy cups on the market and these are definitely the best to avoid any leaking (see parts in pictures above). They also sell insulated ones which I am going to try soon.

Munchkin 360
These ones deserve honorable mention. However, they spill everywhere when dropped from the high chair.


High Chair
This is the high chair we have used for Jace and Ella {in pictures above}. The legs easily fold up and the tray folds down to store, it is easy to clean, and it came with two different covers. I honestly roll it all over the house! The tray has a removable top piece which makes it easy to get food out of the way quickly. It can recline and has different heights as well.

Booster Chair
We are going to transition to this one that I have had since Jaxon was born soon and we travel with at times. I have debated when to switch because I love being able to bring Ella closer to me in the kitchen when I am cooking/baking and this one would stay at our table. However, this one is a great space saver!





Gear


     


This was so nice for teaching to sit up and getting them off the floor for awhile. Ours is the old version without the belt but they are much safer now :) We also have the tray but I never felt like it fit or worked very well so it was rarely used.

Jumperoo
All of my kids loved bouncing around in the jumper. Jace could have spent hours in our jumper! They take up space but is a nice activity for babies. When they were younger and couldn't touch the ground yet, we would put pillows under there and they loved to feel like they were standing up. This one has so many different activities and the babies can easily spin in circle. Of course, it has music options as well {every baby toy has music, right?!}.

Stand Alone Toys
All three of my kids loved this one that makes a bunch of noise. Ella will stand up and dance and stay busy pushing buttons and walking around the activity center.

My sister borrowed us this one and it is fun to move all the different parts plus the sides have activities to keep busy. We keep this one in our room to keep Ella busy when we are trying to get ready or do laundry. She focuses and it helps her gain those leg muscles.

Baby Gate
We loved the baby gate we had this time around. It was tension so we didn't have to put any holes in our walls plus it closed automatically. With two older kids, it was nice that I didn't have to constantly remind them to shut the gate. We could pull it just far enough to keep it open if we wanted. It comes in many different colors as well.

Ride On Car
This is another toy we have had since Jaxon turned one. Lots of noise, can walk behind it, and the seat opens. We have a few different ride on toys so we can have indoor and outdoor ones.

Travel

   

Britax Marathon Car Seat
We loved this car seat for when Jace and Ella transitioned out of the infant car seat. It is rear and forward facing. The straps don't ever get tangled, there are little velcro areas on the side where you can stick the straps so you don't set your child on them, it is easy to put in vehicles, and it has a pad at the base buckle that keeps your baby comfortable. Most importantly, it is super safe! {Disclaimer: in the picture above, I was taking Ella out and thought I should snap a quick picture for this post. She was safely buckled for the ride.}

Carrier
There are times when baby carriers are super helpful. For example, when our family went to Duluth, it was very convenient to have them while we were hiking. My sister borrowed us this one and it worked wonderfully, plus, it is super cheap!

Stroller
Strollers take up a ton of room in the back of vehicles. Once our kids were old enough to support themselves, we moved on to a smaller, lightweight stroller. This is similar to an umbrella stroller but is a little more sturdy and durable. It is so much easier to take places. It has a basket in the bottom and a cup holder plus a 5 point harness. We use this stroller ALL.THE.TIME.

Random Items

Baby Book
I loved the baby book we bought for Ella. It has a cute design, is simple yet elegant, and has empty pages at the end to fill with pictures or notes. I loved the month by month recaps and spaces for little notes about your growing baby!

  


Secure A Toy
These are a lifesaver! Helps keep toys and sippy cups from getting lost or dropped on the dirty floor. Cheap, too! You just strap it to a toy and button it closed. For sippy cups, I just button it super tight around the cup.

Finger Toothbrush
Love these as they get used to the regular toothbrush. I used them with all my kids and was able to softly get their teeth clean. I felt that when I used a big toothbrush right away, I wasn't able to get on the inside of their mouths well.

Kitchen Shears
Mine are from Pampered Chef but I linked a cheaper one from Amazon. These are so nice for slicing anything quick and easy, specifically for making into small bites for the little ones. I sometimes will bring them with to restaurants, too. I cut everything from pizza to chicken to strawberries. I have THREE of these in my kitchen. I use at least one for every meal and sometimes two.
When you have brothers, you eat off of Cars plates frequently.


Board Books
We have so many books, but a favorite for all of our kids have been these touch and feel board books. They have different textures throughout the books which help babies/toddlers interact with the books. Ella is always looking at them. I linked to one but there are a bunch of different ones. Just search 'touch and feel board books'.




I am sure I forgot many things and I really tried to include the necessities, but I hope this helps you as you go through that first year or are looking to buy something for a new baby. Babies come with a lot of stuff, that is for sure, but so many things these days aren't really necessary, in my opinion. Please share with anyone who is going through or about to go through this stage of life! Also, comment below with the things you think are baby must have's..I have a niece or nephew on the way and would love to hear YOUR ideas!

Also, you can follow Oman MOMents on Facebook here.

Kate

Comments

Popular Posts