Baby Shower Plus Weekend Fun

We will have a new baby in our family soon and couldn't be more excited. This weekend, we honored my sister in law, Kiona, with a baby shower for family and close friends. It is always so nice to see many of my aunts and cousins as well as spend time with my siblings.

Kiona and my brother, Donnie, do not know the gender of the baby so we had a neutral baby shower. Her family was in charge of decorations and they were so cute. I am thankful her sister in law Steph is crafty and creative. She took care of the decor, look how cute it turned out!

    

My sisters and I took care of arranging food. We are fortunate to have awesome aunts and friends who brought lots of goodies as well.


I love these sisters of mine!


Beth and I put together a little baby block station. As parents know, the baby will likely spend more time chewing, sucking, and stacking the blocks than using the letters but it was fun to decorate and sign our names.

  

As we get older, it seems we see my extended family less and less. During the summer, we see some of them a lot more at the lake but it is always nice to have a reason to get together during the other seasons. I grew up close with my cousins and wish I saw them more often!


My sisters, cousin Crystal, and I all had babies within a year of each other. Needless to say, there are a lot of little ones!


A few other shower snapshots!






I am so excited for this little ones arrival and after this weekend, I hope Donnie & Kiona feel a little more prepared.

Side note about the shower: I spent 20 minutes before and the first 10 minutes of the shower trying to figure out Ella's antibiotic. She was crawling around with it and somehow got the cover off and it spilled every where. The whole bottle was gone. I had to try to get a hold of her doctor, on a Saturday, to get a new one sent to the pharmacy so Dan could pick it up. What a mess. I'm just going to assume the 'child-proof' cap was not screwed on all the way. By the time the shower started, I was all sorts of a sweaty mess.

On Friday night, Ella and I stayed with my mom. She loves her grandma, especially when she is the only one there and gets all of the attention. We snapped a few pictures before we left on Saturday. Ella had a hard time cooperating. Not shocking.

  

After the shower, we went out to my dads. My sisters were also there with their kids. There are 9 kids under one roof. Needless to say, it is pure chaos most of the time but the kids love spending time with their cousins.

  

My older sister just added Great to their family. This puppy is the most chill puppy I have ever seen. Ella and Desi climbed all over her and she didn't mind one bit!

  

Uncle Donnie brought the big 4 outside to wear off some energy. They had a big snowball fight.

   
This picture of Jaxon sums up their night perfectly. They spent over two hours playing cards and then had a sleepover in the living room. We heard lots of laughs all night.


On Sunday, we met up with Dan parents for lunch and headed back home. We struggled a bit getting the kids to bed last night. Daylight savings is for the birds but I am going to enjoy it being light longer. I hope you had a fabulous weekend!



Comments

Popular Posts