Friday Favorites {3.2.18} Travel Bucket List Edition


I am doing my Friday Favorites differently today. I can't wait to enjoy the sun, easily leave my house {snow pants, hats, boots, gloves, etc}, and all the great things about spring! I have been wishing we planned a winter vacation this year. SO, I thought today would be a good day to recap some of the places I have visited and share the beginning of my ever growing travel bucket list. PLEASE share your vacation favorites or bucket list items in the comments, even if it doesn't require an airplane. We can learn from each other!

Here are the places we have visited via airplane:

LA 2007


  

My only spring break in college! My friend and I stayed with her brother and explored the Los Angeles area. Just a couple college girls hoping to see a few celebrities :)  #wedidnt

Hawaii 2007: Fairmont Orchid Resort

My family + Dan


   

Jamaica 2008: Sandals Ocho Rios


  
Don't be fooled. I was SO sick here. I now know to take Dramamine whenever I am going to be on the ocean.

Dominican Republic 2011: Paradisus Punta Cana


  

Mexico 2014: El Cid Marina Beach Hotel Riviera Maya


  

This vacation was with friends and it was so fun, however, it rained the ENTIRE 6 days we were there. I am talking all day, every day. Of course, the sun was shining the morning we left :)

Florida 2015: Nickelodeon resort and visiting family



  

We took this trip shortly after I completed graduate school. Dan and the kids put up with me constantly studying and doing homework for two years. It was the boys' first plane ride. We stayed at a hotel in Orlando for a few days, hit up Sea World, and the best part was we visited some of my family who I hadn't seen in a long time. Next time {and that needs to come soon}, we will plan on spending more time with them. 

Washington DC 2017

  

This past summer, some of my siblings and I went with my dad to Washington DC for his 60th birthday present. I will never forget the memories we made. I learned so much about history, but not because of all the monuments and site seeing in DC. My dad seriously knows so much about the history of our country. It is inspiring.

Side note: my sister in law attempted to visit Barack Obama's house who lives outside of Ivanka Trump. We were able to walk by Ivanka's house which had at least 10 secret service vehicles parked outside. I was SO nervous. We were dropped off a few blocks away and walked by and I felt like the 30 secret service agents were staring at us. We got nowhere near Obama's house, it is blocked off. 

Thanks for the addresses Google and Uber for delivering us, and picking us up.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You will notice I like warm places {maybe it is just the time of year}! The list below is in no particular order. Note: Dan and I have been talking a lot about travel and kids. We want to bring our kids with us on a lot of trips for the experience, but also because we have nobody to watch them/bring them to school if Dan and I go! So, please leave family friendly travel places in the comments, too!

Travel Bucket List
1. Aruba
2. Cabo San Lucas
3. Virgin Islands
4. St. Lucia
5. St. Maarten
6. Turks & Caicos
7. Vermont
8. Boston
9. Arizona
10. New York

So, what SHOULD be on my bucket list? What has been your favorite vacation spot? Please leave a message in the comments...

Have a wonderful weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts