Friday Favorites {3.8.18}



As usual, I'm linking up with ErikaNarci, and Andrea to share some Friday Favorites! Don't forget to find me on Facebook and Instagram

March Goals
On Monday I posted my March goals. I have some major spring cleaning on the brain! You can check them out here

I let you take a peek inside my makeup bag this week. Check it out here. I love hearing about new products. Let me know anything I need to try. 

SNOW DAY
This has been a whirlwind of a week. We were lucky to have a SNOW DAY on Monday and two hour late start to school on Tuesday. We did lots of reading and board games. Jaxon went to play with a friend and Jace had fun with Lego creations and then Dan surprised him and brought him to the movies!





Carnival
Our church hosted its annual carnival this past weekend. Jaxon didn't want to go and Ella wouldn't really get into it yet so Jace and I had some one on one time. We were busy going from game to game so I only caught one picture. BINGO! We didn't win but Jace didn't want to stop playing. I ran out of cash so we had to be done! This was an unexpected great way for him to work on his letters and numbers.

Side note: BINGO always reminds me of my grandpa who did the BINGO calling at our annual hometown days. Jace thought this was super cool that he got to use the microphone to call all the numbers.


I have been LOVING my Apple Watch {I linked the black band as the pink is out of stock at the moment}. I feel like I should do a whole post about it. I bought the series 3 with LTE/cellular. Reasons I love it:

  • I don't need my phone with me even while running errands (this only works because I have the LTE/Cellular version)
  • Waterproof 
  • I can pick which notifications I want (example: snapchat, email, news, etc) 
  • I bought wireless ear buds so I no longer need to haul my phone with me when I workout
  • Many different, affordable band choices
  • I can ping my phone when I misplace it {which is often} and my phone will beep
  • I can easily check the weather
  • The face can be customized with so many different options and you can easily swipe to display different faces. I have one for the day time and one for working out that displays timers and my workout stats on the face.
  • All the fitness/health options keep me moving all day
  • I found an app that tracks my sleeping {something I missed from my Fitbit}. 
I worry about feeling connected 24/7. Even though I get my texts and calls to my watch, I don't feel like I need to immediately respond.

What I miss about my Fitbit: challenges with friends!

The LTE version allows the watch to work without bluetooth. Otherwise, you still need to be within bluetooth range. It is an extra $10 a month on my cell phone plan.

Apple Music: I thought I could play the radio for free. It says it is free but then tells me I need a membership. Any ideas? I am planning on doing the free 3 month membership if I can't get this figured out for summer.

UPDATE: I purchased the free 3 month trial of music. I just had to add songs from the unlimited music to my playlists and then it works without my phone/bluetooth/wifi. You cannot listen to the radio or stations without WiFi or Bluetooth.

Kids

Has anyone felt like the last month has been LONG?! Maybe it is just me as Dan is fishing every weekend. I have definitely found myself looking forward to the bedtime and being able to have some quiet time. Instead of enjoying the moments I have been wishing some of them away or to go faster {gulp}. Parenting is hard and tiring. I never want you all to think that my life is perfect. I post the fun things, not all the meltdowns and cranky moments. For example, Ella is up for at least an hour EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT. She goes to bed great but wakes up and it is hard to calm her down. She has had ear infections and colds which has likely contributed but man, it is exhausting. It makes me dread sleeping other places {this upcoming weekend}. OR, the boys fighting ALL.THE.TIME. Seriously. And most of my pictures look like the one below. LIFE.



-------------------------------------------------------
We are heading back to our hometown this weekend to spoil my sister in law with a baby shower! I am so excited to see all of my family members and have some downtime with them. Psst: remember when I posted my newborn baby must haves and baby essentials. My brother and sister-in-law's wee little one are probably receiving some of these things :) Check them out!


Comments

Popular Posts