How We Wednesday {Mom Fail}


I am linking up with my favorite bloggers Shay and Erika for their monthly How We....Wednesday post. Today's topic is mom fail...and live to discuss.

In February, we shared another How We Take Care Of Ourselves. And next month is How We Spring Clean. I can't wait!

Have I told you guys how I have a horrible memory? Honestly, it is really bad. My family will talk about things from our childhood or even my teen years and I will have no recollection. Some of the things they say are big events too and I simply don't remember them. It worries me. When it comes to my kids, I feel like I have a good memory until I start thinking of specific events. This is HARD for me and one of the reasons I started this blog. A way to reminisce down the road.

Having said that, I had to enlist the help of my sister and my husband for this post. Not because I don't ever fail..I do that ALL.THE.TIME. I simply couldn't think of a big mom fail. We have had many temper tantrums and embarrassing moments but I feel like those are typical and I wanted this to be an interesting post. Dan really wanted me to write about a big dad fail that involves the NDSU Bison and losing Jace but I'll save that for another day. And maybe I will try to record a video of Jace's version of the story because it is HILARIOUS.

But, Dan and my sister both brought up the same incident so I thought it was worth sharing, however, after I typed it up it may have been one of those 'had to be there' memories....

When Jaxon was about 3 (a few months before Jace was born), we had Beth and Chad over for supper. We were playing outside with Jaxon in our front yard. We decided it was time to go in and so we put everything away in the garage and headed inside. {NOTE: we lived on a very busy street}
Dan and Chad were enjoying an adult beverage and we were deep in conversation when my sister said, 'Where is Jaxon'?


Pregnant me and not quite 3 Jax

We all looked at each other and completely panicked. We ran outside and he was way down the block, pulling his wagon, about to cross the intersection. Remember when I said Dan & Chad were having an adult beverage and I was SUPER pregnant? When we ran out of the house, Dan had his beer and I was waddling down the street yelling for him to stop at the top of my lungs. I am sure it was a sight to be seen! I'm glad our neighbors were gracious and didn't call the cops on our parenting skills :) AND, I'm glad Jaxon didn't cross the busy street and get ran over. AND, I'm glad law enforcement did not drive by!

He/we survived and he hasn't stopped keeping us on our toes since!

I feel like this is not the greatest story, but it was embarrassing and scary!

I can't wait to check out the other blogs to see their stories, I am sure it will trigger some memories :)

Comments

Popular Posts