What's Up Wednesday {April}


I'm Joining MelShay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up!

What We're Eating This Week...
Monday: Pizza Calzones - I will share this recipe sometime. It is so good!
Tuesday: BWW at my sisters
Wednesday: Tator Tot Hotdish
Thursday: Grill
Friday: Leftovers

Plus, we had some peanut butter caramel fritos this week!

What I'm Reminiscing About... 
Living in the same area as my sister for 12 years (not counting living in the same house prior) and watching her through many life stages including engagement, wedding, baby #1, babies #2 & #3, buying a house, pumpkin patches, movie dates, musicals, doughnut days, shopping experiences, chill time, roomies, marathons, and impromptu campfires and dinner dates. So thankful I have been able to have a front row seat. 






What I'm Loving...
We stripped our deck and are getting ready to stain it next week. It is amazing how different it already looks. I am excited to get t his process done (and dreading it at the same time) so we can get our furniture out and relax!


What We've Been Up To...
Kids have been busy playing baseball, football, and enjoying the beautiful weather. Ella is loving her slide and going on walks/bike rides {snacks are a must}. Jace even helped me do some power washing!



What I'm Dreading...
My sister is moving TODAY. It doesn't feel real. She is the one I call for everything (quick date, donuts, help with kids, shopping, boredom). Plus, I just show up at her house unannounced. This is going to be tough on our families but we will have to make an effort to visit often.










What I'm Working On...
This past weekend I put a layout together for the remaining perennials and shrubs I need to plant in our landscaping. I am excited to have it all together and to see it start to grow! I'm hoping there wasn't too much that died over the winter.

What I'm Excited About...
I am anxiously awaiting the news about my niece or nephew arriving! My brother and sister-in-law live in Duluth but I am going to plan a trip once that baby comes!



What I'm Watching/Reading...
All the coverage about Princess Kate and new baby boy! Have I discussed how I am a bit obsessed with the British Monarchy? At one point, I had a big family tree drawn out and also often read about their parliamentary procedure/government.

Let's talk about this for a minute. Does anyone else want to just be a part of their life for one day? I just wonder what life is like inside their home in Kensington Palace. Do they have a lot of help with the baby? I feel like Princess Kate is a fairly hands on mom. Can non-royal friends of the couple visit the baby? Also, how great did Princess Kate look when she stepped outside the Lindo Wing SEVEN hours after giving birth? I know I definitely would not have had energy to do that. I am so happy I did not have to wear a dress home from the hospital.

I also love that even though they had a baby boy, Princess Charlotte made royal history as she will not be overtaken in line by a little brother. Love it!

What I'm Listening To...
A lot of 'Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star'. It is currently Ella's favorite song and it is playing on our Alexa constantly {thanks to the boys}. Ella does a cute little dance and laughs whenever she hears it.

What I'm Wearing...
I have transitioned to my spring wardrobe which includes some short sleeves, capri's and my favorite, SANDALS.

What I'm Doing This Weekend...
We are going to be creating our summer bucket lists! I love doing this because it gives us something to plan for all summer. We put everything on there from little things like running through the sprinkler to special trips we want to make. The boys each do their own list and then they combine them. I am sure they will throw in some extra 'little' kid stuff for Ella this year :)

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month...
I am excited to get some flowers planted in the coming weeks!
AND....
the end of the school year! I am looking forward to summering with my crew. Having my summers off is just one reason I love my job! Sometimes the summer days get long, but usually I soak in all the time and activities I get to do with my kids!

Last day of school last year....everyone has changed!








Comments

Popular Posts