Goals {May}

This last weekend we spent SO.MUCH.TIME. on our deck. Now, I don't mean enjoying our deck, I mean working on our deck. We are finding that this project is taking much longer than we thought, but I am thankful for a husband that wants to do it the right way, rather than the quick way (like me). I am so done with the deck. I just want to finish it so we can enjoy it. Hopefully that will be soon :) 

 

It was so windy this weekend that I don't think I would have been able to enjoy it out there, anyway!

Proof it was windy! YIKES! This is behind our house as they are doing construction. Yes, that is a porta potty. 


I was getting ready for this post and going through last month. I realized I never even posted my April goals. Oh well! Somehow, that topic got missed in my planner and I'm only realizing it when the month is over!



May Goals:

Plant my remaining shrubs/perennials: I have my list ready, I just need to decide where I can go pick them up and do it on a decent weekend. I actually love gardening so this is something I am looking forward to. On my list: peony, flox, hostas, dianthus, grasses, Astilbe, bleeding heart, sedum, heurella :)

Plant my flower pots: Very similar to number 1 but I love picking out and organizing my flower pots. I am not very creative but this is an area I feel like I do well. I also want a few more flower pots this year (I have plenty but want some different styles) so may try to find time to look around. I have to do this on a different weekend as the shrubs/perennials or it is too overwhelming. 
My advice for gardening: start small and have a plan! 

Get a swing set {either new or used}: Jace has been begging for one of these and now with a 16 month old, I feel like we will get some good use out of a swing set. We had one at our old house and the boys loved it. We really want a used one but want it to be in decent condition, plus we want a little play house in the bottom. 

Feed kids before baseball games: Jaxon will have baseball games two nights a week beginning next week. One is at 5:30 and the other is at 7:00. Ella {and me} get cranky when we are hungry. Rather than pull out all the junk food {although that will happen, too} or rely on concessions, I want to have the kids fed before the 5:30 game which means some 4:30-4:45 dinner times as we will have to leave no later than 5 for most games. It will be so worth it to have happy kids and not have to mess with a meal when we get home. It is a little easier in the summer when every one can stay up a bit later but if I don't even start supper until 7:30, we will have a mess on our hands!
 
Host bonfire: May is the perfect time to have a nice bonfire with friends! A few of us have pits and I am excited for some bonfire evenings.

And this wouldn't be complete without a list of things I'm looking forward to in May:
1. Baby H coming soon {aka my niece or nephew}
2. LAST day of school/work
3. Jace's preschool graduation
4. Mother's Day
5. Lots of baseball
6. Benefit for a dear friend's brother
7. End of year picnic at church
8. Niece or nephews baptism
9. More sun
10. HS Graduation (although that is the first weekend in June)

We have a busy month but so many fun things! It is going to fly by. As I begin enjoying these beautiful nights and busier schedules with my family, I'm not sure what my blog will look like. I don't want this to be something I stress about completing so there may be a few less posts, but maybe not! 

I am hoping to do a question & answer post in the next few weeks. If you have any questions for me, leave a comment, send me a message, or an email {omanmomentsblog@gmail.com}. What questions do you have, what ideas do you have for post topics? Send them my way!

Comments

Popular Posts