Peanut Butter Caramel Fritos

I'm sharing a glorious treat that you need to make pronto! This super easy recipe takes less than 10 minutes from start to finish and I guarantee it will be a hit. 


This is a version of the Special K bar (virtually the same recipe) but, in my opinion, there is more flavor and saltiness. 

Ingredients:
Frito Scoops (I buy the family size and use a bag and a half - if you only want to buy one bag, that will work just fine)
1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Directions (pictures step by step below):
1. Line container (see picture of what I use below) with tin foil. 
2. Pour one layer of Frito's on tin foil. You won't pour the whole bag and a half at once.
3. In medium saucepan, mix corn syrup and sugar and heat until it starts to boil around edges (it is important that you don't full on boil this mixture or it will become very hard).
4. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.
5. Pour over Frito mixture. Add more Frito's and pour another layer. 
6. Lick the pan.
7. If desired, melt chocolate chips. Drizzle over Frito's.

All the ingredients


Directions:
1. Line container with tin foil. 

2. Pour one layer of Frito's on tin foil. You won't pour the whole bag and a half at once.

3. In medium saucepan, mix corn syrup and sugar and heat until it starts to boil around edges (it is important that you don't full on boil this mixture or it will become very hard).
Boiling around edges and I accidentally got a little peanut butter in there.

4. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.
My friend, Libby, got me this vanilla in Mexico. It is SO flavorful. I love it!


5. Pour over Frito mixture. Add more Frito's and pour another layer (I do 2-3 layers).
Layer 1

Layer 2

6. Lick the pan.

7. If desired, melt chocolate chips. Drizzle over Frito's.
As you can see, I only drizzled half the pan. We are a split chocolate family :) 

Comments

Popular Posts