Easter Recap {2018}

Long breaks are enjoyed and savored around here. I enjoy the days of activity with the kids and being lazy. This break was different than most for so many reasons!

We started off Easter break with.....mom having to work! Due to a snowstorm at the beginning of March, staff had to make up a day but students had the day off. Our Easter break started a little later than anticipated. After work on Thursday, we kicked off break with our favorite people on a little trip to see the Easter bunny.

     

After the Easter bunny, we had supper and my sister, Beth, and I went to church. Alone. No kids. It was amazing, not going to lie. They did a Last Supper play which made the service quite long so I am glad they stayed home. 


When we got back to my house after church, my mom was there! I had a procedure scheduled for Friday so she surprised me and came up to help with the kids. I was also hosting Easter on Sunday so she helped me get things ready. I realized, I didn't even get a picture of me and her!

On Friday, we dyed Easter eggs with the whole gang. Well, not really, half of them were sleeping.

   

We never spilled! We thought that was success in itself. I also realized that Jaxon is obsessed with hard boiled eggs! He ate quite a few over the last few days. 

We headed home to get some food ready for Saturday.


Grandma is good about letting Ella help! We got ready to head to the swimming pool. Ella stayed home to sleep. We made a stop for ice cream first.


My aunt, uncle, and cousins were staying at a hotel. They invited us to swim which always makes the boys happy. They had some other activities available, too. We all discussed the impending snowstorm and blizzard. 

    

My cousins little girl is 17 months and a FISH! She went down that slide too many times to count! My niece, Scarlett, warmed up to the water and enjoyed the slides, too! The boys swam and played ping pong and bean bags.

We woke up on Saturday for our EASTER and the BLIZZARD! The blizzard that wasn't. They hyped up this storm and we were in a blizzard warning for Saturday morning but nothing happened. All was well and our family was able to make the trek across town.

I talked about this before, but we are never home for holidays. It worked out that our place was a central location this year. Everyone who would have had to travel the most has small kids. My cousin still had to travel, but not quite as far. It was so glorious being able to be home. I love hosting and wish I could do it more often. We enjoy traveling back home, too, but there is something about not having to pack up half your house and come back to unpack that is very enticing. When the kids can sleep in their own beds, everything seems to go more smoother as well. Ella was a crabby little girl on Saturday anyway, so I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked but here are some of our festivities!

 

Ella REALLY loves Finn and Huck! Huck is pictured :) 

  

Time for the Easter Egg Hunt. It was freezing and the ground was covered in snow so we had the egg hunt inside this year. It wasn't ideal but it worked!

  

All the cousins!


I had a super fun activity planned where the kids throw little paint balls at canvases and make a creation to take home. When I bought the stuff a month ago, I was not planning on the weather being super cold and windy! As it involved throwing paint, I didn't want to do it inside or even in the garage. So, we did our best but it didn't go as well as we planned. The three older boys threw a few of them and quickly came in to warm up. Then, Jaxon and Jace went out to finish later.



Later that evening....


Grandpa showed up and rubbed Scarlett's back until she fell asleep!

On Sunday, we all got ready for church! And Ella was crabby, AGAIN! 
We attempted some family pics before church..HA




And then Ella only wanted Grandpa.



We went to church and then headed out to brunch. Where Ella wouldn't eat and successfully tipped over a glass and broke it. You win some, you lose some. At brunch, we lost some ;) We still enjoyed the company which was my sister and family, my dad, and my brother in laws parents. Everyone left with full bellies. 

And Dan left early with Ella so the boys and I were stuck there for a bit!




We made the best of it!

After we got home, we relaxed! I am thankful for this guy who makes the crazy times not so bad!


And that was a wrap for Easter!





Comments

Popular Posts