Jaxon is NINE!

Our firstborn is nine years old today! He is our rule follower, sports loving, energetic, kind kid. I did a post all about Jaxon you can read here.



When I think about the day Jaxon was born, I feel like I remember it the most vividly of all my kids. Probably because it was my first and I had no other responsibilities but him?!?! I remember feeling so ready and prepared but looking back, I was SO YOUNG (only 23) and completely clueless. Two of my best friends had babies and I loved them and held them so I figured I knew exactly what I was doing! Thankfully, he is still turning out to be a great kid :)

I was due with Jaxon on July 15th. We didn't know the sex and were so anxious to know that more than anything! I went in on that day for my check up and my doctor informed me that I needed a c-section. He said the baby wasn't even dropping because of the shape of my pelvis. Unless I had a really small baby (which he ensured would likely NOT be the case), I would end up needing a c-section anyway. He scheduled the c-section for Friday, July 17th. As I said, I was clueless so I was not at all nervous about having to have the c-section (I was much more nervous about this surgery with #2 and #3). Looking back, I wish I would have tried laboring. I talked to my current OB about this and she told me that nowadays (as if 9 years was way more than a decade) ethics would warrant me to at least try laboring.

Anyways, my mom came up on the 16th so she would be there when Jaxon was born around noon on the 17th, BUT, I woke up at about 2am the morning of the 17th and my water had broke! Off to the hospital before dawn. We hung out until my doctor got to the hospital and they did my c-section early. Jaxon was born at 7:40am weighing 8lb, 13oz and 20 1/2 inches long! We were in love (and I was very sick, but that is a story for another day) <3

In lieu of a birthday party this year, he chose to bring a friend (and Jace) to a hotel waterpark for a night. Dan and the three boys packed up last weekend and were able to enjoy some boy time. I was told many times that this was a 'no girls allowed' trip. I think it is safe to say they had a blast!
They had a PlayStation 4 in their room and that made the trip even better!





As tradition has it, I ask the boys the same questions every year on their birthday and here areJaxon's answers. Please note: a star at the end indicates he had the exact same answer last year!

1. What is your favorite color? Purple*
2. What is your favorite toy? I don’t like toys
3. What is your favorite fruit? Pear*
4. What is your favorite tv show? Pokemon*
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Seafood *
6. What is your favorite outfit? Vikings Jersey’s*
7. What is your favorite game? Football  Board game? Monopoly
8. What is your favorite snack? Chicken in a biscuit
9. What is your favorite animal? Cheetah*
10. What is your favorite song? SKOL Vikings
11. What is your favorite book? I survived series...
12. Who is your best friend? I don’t know, I have a lot*
13. What is your favorite cereal? Cinnamon Toast Crunch*
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play football*
15. What is your favorite drink? Lemonade
16. What is your favorite holiday? 4th Of July because it’s closest to my birthday *
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? My blanket*
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Cereal*
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Seafood*
20. Where do you want to go out to eat on your birthday? Red Lobster*

21. What do you want to be when you grow up? Football Player*



Jaxon got to pick what we do today and as of yesterday he wanted to just stay home to play with his friends and family. No matter what, we will celebrate him all day long!

Happy 9th Birthday, Buddy!

Comments

Popular Posts