All About Jaxon

On my blog, I sometimes feel like Jaxon and Jace get overshadowed by the youngest member of our family. I can assure you, they receive a lot of attention at home. They are less needy than Ella and are often running around that I don't take as many pictures of them. I thought I would do a post on each of the boys to share some things they are up to lately.

Today's post is all about Jaxon.


Jaxon is 8 (and a half) and in second grade this year.

He is completely activity orientated. His heart is happy if he is playing/watching any sport, with friends, or moving in general.

Football and Vikings make him the happiest. However, he loves doing anything outside as long as he has someone to do it with.


Jaxon is very easy going. He does really well with transitions and with things not going his way. He has never been a fit thrower. Don't get me wrong, he disagrees with decisions I make but almost always listens and gets over it super quickly. He is also easy to reason with and explain decisions.


Last week, we found out his summer baseball team and he was beyond disappointed he wasn't with any of our neighbors or his best friend. We honestly had never really seen him like that and were concerned with how things would turn out. Before school he was saying he didn't want to play anymore. After school, I asked how he was doing and he said, "I wish I was on the other team but I'll be fine" and hasn't said a word about it since. #overit


He has a need to be entertained as often as possible and likes to be with people, whereas Jace needs some time alone every day. He is always willing to try new adventures.


Jax is a great brother. He adores Ella. He will often rock with her and read to her. He also enjoys playing and fighting with Jace.


Jaxon is intuitive. He thinks about other people's feelings and has a big heart. He is super responsible and I think he is very mature for his age.


Random things about Jaxon:
  • Every morning he eats Cinnamon Toast Crunch and eats breakfast at school, too.
  • He loves cookie dough as a snack.
  • His favorite food is anything seafood, specifically crab.
  • Jaxon is typically very picky and doesn't eat most meals I make, especially if it contains any vegetables or ground beef.
  • He has started to tell jokes and picks up on adult humor.
  • He loves reading. He told me he read every Diary of a Wimpy Kid book in the school library this year.
  • He loves going on adventures. This winter he was all about ice fishing.
  • If someone asks him to play, he will always say yes.
Jaxon isn't perfect. But he is perfect for our family. I really feel like I don't have to worry about him {and all us mamas know how good that feels}. He can be forgetful (backpack, shoes) and his energy is draining at times but we love him without question!


That's our Jaxon!

Comments

Popular Posts