How We Wednesday {Spring Cleaning}



Recaps
February: How We Take Care Of Ourselves
March: Mom Fail

I am linking up with my favorite bloggers Shay and Erika for their monthly How We....Wednesday post. Today's topic is spring cleaning. Although it feels more like winter than spring, I am so excited to see all the ideas for spring cleaning.

First, I always make a list...here is mine for this year!

WINDOWS
I am always so excited to get the outside of all our windows cleaned along with the screens, blinds and tracks. I found an idea on Pinterest a few years ago where you take vinegar and Q-tips to get the tracks clean. This works so well. I like to use the Norwex cloths to clean my windows because it typically leaves them streak free. I also usually get a damp Norwex cloth to clean my blinds.

I actually don't mind cleaning windows on a nice, warm day. I have also thought about having the windows hired out this year. I need to figure that out soon!

APPLIANCES 
I like to move the oven and refrigerator once a year and clean underneath them really good. Through the little gaps between the counter and appliances things get spilled and dropped all year long. This really does not take long at all and should be done more. I also make sure to clean the oven.

BEDROOMS
I am hoping to clean under the beds/crib. Dust collects and some random stuff gets shoved under there all year.
I also need to organize our clothes. We had some empty space in our closet so we bought these drawer carts as an additional place for items like t-shirts, undergarments, athletic shorts/tanks, etc. I love them because they stack (we don't use the casters). But, right now they are overflowing and unorganized!

DOORS
I need to wash all the doors but specifically the ones in the entry.

ALL OVER
Clean the light fixtures.
Organization. I typically feel like I do a decent job at this throughout the year but I know I will find a few areas that need to be revamped.
Clean/vacuum under the couches.
Check filters of appliances (Dan).

OUTDOOR
Living in Minnesota, spring cleaning typically means getting the outdoors ready. Patio furniture, cleaning the deck (ours needs to be stained this year, too), planting flowers/flower pots, plants, getting out the hoses, and, of course, the toys.

Second, I add to the list!
It is so easy to get side tracked when spring cleaning or cleaning in general. Having a notebook to add items to as you go will help you stay focused on the topic at hand (wash sheets, scrub baseboard, flip mattress, car, etc).

Third, give yourself TIME!
Trying to accomplish everything at once is just impossible. Do small things here and there and cross them off the list.

Four, ORGANIZE.
I can't say enough how being organized helps keep my house in order. When things are hard to find or cluttered, it makes cleaning more difficult.

Five, freshen up!
I love having a candle or Scentsy warmer when my house is all cleaned and having fresh soaps in the bathrooms. It makes everything feel even more clean!

How do I get it all done?

I have no idea! It is sounding better and better to get the windows hired out! While it is still cold out, I suppose I should start with all these inside chores. When it finally is nice out, I will not be spending very much time inside!

What are your tips?

Comments

Popular Posts