4th of July Fun

Our family spent 5 nights with family at the lake. We had a great time and it was wonderful to spend time with some of the family we don't see very much. The kids all LOVE going to the lake from the swimming and fishing to bonfires and running around with cousins. Dan and I enjoy some relaxation and escaping the day to day life at home.

We honestly had so much fun and were living in the moment that I didn't take a ton of pictures but am sharing what I do have. Now that I have an Apple Watch, I often leave my phone up in the cabin.

First up was hanging with family on my side.

Here's the deal..I grew up going to this lake and spending a lot of time with my cousins. Now, each summer, my kids look forward to spending time with their cousins. I am thankful they are all similar ages. From their first cousins to my cousins' kids {I get confused if that is considered 2nd or 3rd}, they just love their time at the lake. I also get to spend time with my sister, cousins, and aunt and uncle.



The boys were on this for HOURS each day. 



My sister, Beth took two of the littles including Scarlett tubing. Jaxon thought he should go with to assist.

Next up was the boys turn!

We enjoyed fireworks, fires, good company, and LOTS of swimming and sun. That was all the pictures I took of our time at my family's cabin.

Next, we headed to the Alexandria area to visit Dan's family. We met up with his parents, sister (and niece and nephew), cousins family, and his aunt and uncle. Again, the kids had fun running around with cousins and enjoying the outdoors! 

First off, this was on our drive to Alexandria. All the kids were exhausted.
Ella and our niece, Harper. 

Ella enjoyed her donut floatie and the boys enjoyed searching for fish!
Dan's family's lake is at a campground and they have this little section blocked off for swimmers. The boys tended to swim a little deeper though.

Ella and I went on walks in the mornings whens he woke up so everyone else could sleep. She always likes to stop and pick some weeds flowers.

This lake is really good for sunny fishing and so the boys spent a lot of time with their fishing poles.


Jace and Ashton relaxing

Us girls were the last ones swimming on Saturday

That is a little recap of our week at the lake! 
We got home in time for baseball practice, a scrimmage, and to play in the rain which Ella enjoyed!



We also found out this weekend that my dads dog passed away. She was old but was the sweetest lab. She was SO good with the kids and a good companion for my dad. We all had a hard time with news, but the boys were pretty upset. We found some pictures I thought I would share...

Baby Jax copying Bo relaxing

Jace really loved Bo. He sent Bo pictures and always asked to go visit him and grandpa

A few years ago Bo helped the kids rake some leaves and jump through the piles
Isn't this so sweet!





We love and will miss you Bo!

Comments

Popular Posts