Friday Favorites {7.20.18}


I'm linking up with ErikaNarci, and Andrea to share some Friday Favorites! I haven't done one ALL SUMMER. Don't forget to find me on Facebook and Instagram

We have been having a lot of fun the last few weeks and are excited to head out of town tomorrow morning for a little trip! We are headed to the Wisconsin Dells and will make a pit stop to see my sister and family and hit up the MN Zoo. Any ideas to keep an 18 month old busy in a car for 8+ hours, PLEASE send my way today. We have a DVD player, but that only lasts so long....

ONE
I am looking forward to reading a few books....I read a few books the last couple weeks:

My Oxford Year

This book had my staying up late...it's about an American who goes to graduate school at Oxford. She is eager to learn and start a political career but unforeseen circumstances change everything while she is in England. It was a great book!

The Identicals

Twin sisters live completely separate lives once their parents get divorced. One lives in Nantucket while the other in Martha's Vineyard. Tragedy forces them together. While there is a lot of history and they prefer to live their separate lives, they continuously face hurdles due to each others' past.

I am bringing Castle of Water and Winter Solstice with to read on our trip! Both came as recommendations.


TWO
Dan's parents came to visit last weekend so we could have a night out with our friends. It was great to get away and not worry about the kids. Plus, they got some special time with grandma and grandpa that involved making some slime!

We went to a Hairball concert...Dan was in his glory {as you can tell by his shirt}.......



THREE
It wouldn't be a Friday Favorites this week without taking about Jaxon turning NINE! His biggest request for the day was to just stay home and hang out with us and his friends. Besides a trip to Red Lobster and a baseball game, we did just that! We had some friends over that evening for a bonfire (which I didn't take any pictures at) and he slept well :)


FOUR
Ella (and us) have practically lived at the baseball field on evenings this summer so I guess it's not surprising that when I got the boys' old tee and bat out this week, she knew exactly what to do!


Yes, that is a mini basketball...it was the closest ball in sight at the time!

This boy on the other hand is so sick of it...

He laid down on the bleachers...and Ella thought he was sad. He really just wanted to be alone but that didn't work so well.

FIVE
On Sunday afternoon we had NO PLANS. We decided to go get ice cream in downtown Fargo and then we walked around. It is such a fun place to be that Dan and I decided we need to do it more often!


That's a wrap!! Have a great weekend! I can't wait to share my vacation pictures with you. 



Comments

Popular Posts