Life Lately

Oh man, we have been busy. I am going to give you a big photo dump today, seriously, so many pictures. Grab your coffee and keep on scrolling! I will only have one post this week as we are headed to the lake for the 4th of July and to celebrate Dan's birthday on the 5th.

This is Life Lately....

First up, we had a Pokemon and Lemonade stand across the street from each other...the boys would have a lemonade stand every day if I let them. They have had a few this summer. It seems they are always so excited to set up but not very excited when I inform them that they also need to pick up. They worked hard this day to put Pokemon cards into packs and so they could try to sell them, too.

As I've said, we have been busy with baseball! Ella will either love it or hate it when it's her turn to play. We have also done our best to learn patience as we navigate our 1.5 year olds' attention span.




 
We spent one Saturday morning hanging out at our local donut shop. If you are in Fargo/Moorhead, you need to check out Sandy's donuts (but not before 6:30am, I learned the hard way).

For real, try the blueberry donut...it is THE BEST! (Tip: order what you like for yourself AND your 1 year old and then you can have 1.5 donuts..)

These two would NOT smile for a picture.....

The boys need some extra mention as they have been so good about helping with Ella this summer. It doesn't matter if we are at home, at the lake, or out and about, they always step up to play or take her on a short walk. I thought this was so sweet.
We went with some friends to an event at RDO. The boys got to play in the tractors and Ella got to play in the corn.

Jaxon enjoyed football camp at NDSU....




And Adam Thielen's new football camp which was at the Vikings practice facility. Jax absolutely loves football and the Vikings so this camp was perfect for him. He is still talking about it (so is Dan). I wasn't sure who was initially more excited: Dan or Jaxon.


That smile though...oh my gosh. Jaxon is even laughing at himself. This was such a great hands on camp. Adam threw passes to the kids and even told Jaxon 'good job today' which he is super pumped about!

We have had a lot of fun at the lake! We spent one weekend with my brother, sister-in-law, and new niece. They live in Duluth so we are always happy when we get to spend some time with them!








 And we spent this last weekend at the lake with my sister, brother-in-law, niece, and nephews!
We all went out on a boat ride! 



My sister is with Huck, who could not move his head. Poor guy. Chad is with Finn who was a great help driving the boat.
These two sat in the front and ate snacks.

We have tried to just have fun and embrace being dirty....Ella always does it well.
We spent time with family.
Auntie brought all the kids to both of the boys baseball games in one week. Rockstar mom? Yes...definitely yes. It also happened to be in the high 90's this week. We found the only shade on the field.

Messy hair, don't care!
We went to visit our Oman cousins!
Harper just loves Ella. This weekend, Ella was being a little stinker and not showing the love in return. Harper persisted and did not get deterred with Ella's crabby behavior. I remember this with each of my kids..when we go away for the weekend at this age, they just are a little 'off' not being in their own environment. This was definitely one of those times (I also forgot to bring toys home so I am pretty sure she was bored)!

And we have been exploring our town...this specific day was a trip to the zoo. 
And I knew Ella wouldn't stay awake on our short drive from the zoo to the park where we had intended to eat lunch so we decided to just open the back gate and eat in the car!

Disclaimer: this was such a fun day. We got home, I put Ella down for a nap and was looking forward to relaxing until I slipped and sprained my ankle. I honestly thought it was broken. I am thankful for a wonderful friend/neighbor who came to watch the kids right away (she was actually running down the street) and my husband who brought me to the doctor :) 


And that is life lately!!! Not shown: day to day activities around the house, lots of time with friends, whining, a frustrated mom, lazy mom/lazy kids, kids having screen time, a certain 1.5 year old screaming, and complaining when things don't go the way we want them. Now that would be a more accurate life lately ;) Just trying to make sure things are kept in perspective. 

Don't get me wrong, we are LOVING our summer and my kids are super wonderful, but we definitely have our moments/days!

This will be my only post this week as we head to the lake for some R&R and enjoy the 4th of July! Enjoy your holiday!

Comments

Popular Posts