Our Summer Schedule

Sleeping in (for the boys) ✔
Relaxation ✔
Beautiful weather ✔
Pool time ✔
Friends ✔
Drinks ✔
Lazy days ✔
Exhausting days ✔
Baseball games ✔
Walks ✔
Visit family ✔
Sleepovers ✔
Check, check, check!

 

We are already on to our second full week of summer! I am really enjoying my summer schedule so far! I am so thankful for my summers off with my kids. Anyone who knows me knows that I thrive with consistency so we have camps, lazy days, fun outings, and pool time built in! This is why we created our summer bucket list and have even added a few more things to it since then!

I thought it would be fun to share our days now that I home with the kids all day. On Thursday, I am planning on doing an Instagram story day. I will post a story every hour (or do my best) with what we are doing throughout our day. Make sure you are following me on Instagram --> here.

Onward to our 'schedule' if that's what we want to call it!

We usually go for a nice long walk each morning. It gets us up and out of the house. Ella really enjoys hanging in the stroller so that is a huge bonus. One of the hardest things this summer has been keeping her entertained :) She loves to be outside so we do that as much as possible. The boys have chores each morning and they spend about 20 minutes reading (Jaxon) or working on a kindergarten book/letters/sounds (Jace). The boys have honestly enjoyed this morning quiet time.

Mid-morning, we have been playing outside and the boys will use some of their video game time. How does your family handle video games?! I would love to know! It is sometimes a debate in our home. However, as more activities start up, I will be shuttling the boys around a little bit more. We are going to try to go to a new park in the area each week and have a picnic. I forgot to start it last week so we will start that this week :)




I savor nap time in the afternoon! The boys will hangout around the house, run around the neighborhood with friends, play baseball, or we will do something together. I typically get things cleaned up, do laundry, relax on the deck, play games with the boys, read, and I have even taken a few naps! I am not a napper so this is big news!



When Ella wakes up, we have been going to the pool, playing outside, or doing some other excursion. It is nice to get out of the house for a little bit each day whether we do that in the morning or in the afternoon.


  


Then, it's baseball time and hopefully in bed by 9:30 :)


Honestly, I have had the discussion with a few friends recently (who also have their summers off) about how working parents do it during the summer. KUDOS to so many of you who aren't able to have the summer off. We currently have baseball 5 nights a week. The earliest we start is 5:30 and the latest is 7. I sometimes feel like Dan barely gets to enjoy summer as he is working all day and then we meet to head to baseball. We get home only to spend an hour or two enjoying the kids, the weather, relaxing, etc. Because I am home, I can stay on top of all the housework {and the PILES of laundry that summer brings...anyone else?!!?} and have meals ready before baseball. I am also able to spend time doing fun things with the kids. This week, Jace is at Vacation Bible School and has golf and Jaxon has a football camp during the week. I am thankful I can bring them there and not have to worry about work. I really don't know how so many of you manage, but regardless, you are doing a GREAT job!

We have a little structure and a lot of 'no plans' this summer and we are all enjoying the downtime. I already feel like summer is going to fast. It is always a good reminder to relish the memories!



Peace Out!

Comments

Popular Posts