10 years!

Today marks Dan and my 10th wedding anniversary! It truly is crazy to think we have been married 10 years. We were also high school sweethearts and have been together a lot longer than 10 years. Which is also crazy. Looking back at some pictures, we were such babies. We had no idea about life, kids, jobs, adulthood. I feel like we have come a long ways.
Thinking back to our wedding day, I remember it being HOT. I wanted outdoor pictures and made everyone suffer through them on a very hot day {sorry about that}. I had never been one to dream about my wedding. Honestly, my mom did most of my wedding planning. There are a few details I wanted that I laugh about now...like placemats with information about us at the reception and information about each of member of our wedding party in the program. But, my amazing mom put together my wedding! I lived 3 hours away and so I was NOT much help with ANYTHING! Another thing I remember is that we had the most beautiful flowers. Seriously. So beautiful. 
We also had quite a large wedding party and a lot of guests at our wedding. Our reception arena did NOT have air conditioning. It was very warm. All in all, our wedding was great but real life has been even better {most days} ;) 

We had 4 rings bearers (one was not interested in taking pictures) and no flower girls...

A sad thing looking back at these pictures is that all but two {6 out of 8} of our grandparents were alive at the time of our wedding. The only one still living today is Dan's grandpa. We have had a lot of loss in 10 years. We didn't have a picture with one of my grandma's as she was not at our wedding. She suffered from alzheimers and was not able to attend :( 


And a few more pictures from my proof book because I have like 2 actual pictures in my house of my wedding!


We love our parents!

Our anniversary plans involve a baseball game tonight :) We are heading home tonight and will get together with a lot of those friends above on Saturday.

Tomorrow we celebrate a boys 6th birthday! He couldn't be MORE excited!

Comments

Popular Posts