Let's Talk: Entertainment

I am linking up with a few other bloggers today for the first time talking about All Things Entertainment. You can see the other link ups on The Blended Blog.

A few people have asked me about link ups. They are just a theme for bloggers to follow on certain days. You can post your URL to the host of the link up and it will display on their blog so it is easy for others to check out your blog and fun for me to find other blogs. Also, it gives me something to blog about :) Sometimes it is difficult coming up with topics. I plan out my blog a few months in advance and when certain days approach, I realize I wasn't ready for that topic. For example, today is supposed to be 'transitioning to spring/summer wardrobe'. I don't feel I am ready to do fashion posts (but thought I would be in February). Link ups offer a fresh spin on a blog.

This link up is called TBB (The Blended Blog) asks:


1. Comedy or Drama?
I tend to watch more drama than comedy. I love Chicago Fire, Quantico, Scandal. My question: where is the reality TV option????? 

2. Fiction or non-fiction?
Non-fiction! If I can read/watch things that actually happened, it makes me happy. When watching fictional movies, I need to know it is something that could actually happen in real life (whether good or bad).

3. Movies in theater or at home?
Probably at home. I get to the movies a few times a year. Dan typically brings the boys to a few movies a year and I stay home with Ella. I am cheap. I hate to pay so much for movies tickets + the popcorn/candy/pop.

4. Musical or play?
Either :) 

5. Which meal of the day is your favorite to eat out?
ANY! Going out to eat serves two purposes for me: 1. I don't have to cook/clean up..who doesn't love that? 2. My family is notoriously picky. When we go out to each I am able to eat what I want with all the veggies and spices while the rest of my family is equally as happy to get their plain food. I love going out for brunch but it seems we rarely do. I grew up having a lot of brunches so it is probably my favorite meal. 

6. Favorite book ever read?
I am horrible at reading books, but when I do I am so addicted to them that it is all I can focus on. It is very hard for me to pick a favorite and I think that depends on the month and the year. I am a fan of the British royal family and all that entails. Right now, there is so much hype regarding the newest Prince Louis as well as Prince Harry and Meghan's wedding. I am also watching The Crown on Netflix right now! Having said all that, last summer I read the book The Royal We. It was a fictional book regarding what it is like to date and marry a royal. I like to believe that I truly understand what it would be like to be Princess Kate and Meghan Markle now ;) 

7. Game night: yes or no?
YES! We (okay, but that I mean 'I') am a huge game fan. I love that the boys are getting old enough to play all sorts of adultish games. I have talked about how we love Ticket To Ride (psst: this game is expensive and is $16 off on Amazon right now!), the boys have been into Battleship, and they are both happy when we have the never ending game of Monopoly going! 

8. Favorite outside game to play?
I enjoy playing basketball, baseball, and football with the kids. 

9. Favorite TV series ever?
EVER??! I loved Full House growing up!!! I mean, I am still obsessed with Michelle. Fuller House is good but not even close to Full House. I also loved Parenthood.

10. Sitcoms growing up or sitcoms of today?
I think you grow with time and enjoy wherever you are in the moment. Growing up, I feel like I probably didn't get to watch as many sitcoms (strict mom...yes you, mom, but I appreciate it now). Now there is Modern Family which seems to be a little more family friendly :) 

11. Miniature golf or bowling?
Bowling. Not a miniature golf fan! I recently went bowling for my first time without the kids in over 8 years! It was a blast, but the kids love it, too! We need to bring them more.

12. Favorite movie theater candy?
Sour Patch Kids for the win :) 

13. How do you like your popcorn?
Butter and salt! Is there a different way!?!

14. 3D movies with glasses: yes or no?
Nah - it kind of gives me a headache.

15. Favorite genre of book to read?
I like non-fiction especially biography and autobiography's. Otherwise I would say romance and drama.

That's it :) I hope you have a great Wednesday!

Comments

Popular Posts