Friday Favorites {8.31.18}

I'm linking up with ErikaNarci, and Andrea to share some Friday Favorites! Don't forget to find me on Facebook and Instagram! My last Friday Favorites was July 20th! Say WHAT?!?! 

I have NOT done a great job at blogging this summer. Although I am sad my days at home with my kids are coming to an end on Tuesday, I am excited to get back to our routine. Which includes regular blogging. I'm not going to lie, we have a busy fall but I'm still hoping that I can find my evenings to write a few posts a week.

On our last summer weekday, I am sharing some Friday Favorites!

ONE
Jace had his first flag football game this week. He has a love/hate relationship with football. He doesn't always want to go, but has a lot of fun when he gets there. This year, he has quite a few friends on his team which helps! Jaxon's first game isn't until next week!


TWO
Ella was painting the other day and doing a great job. I took a work phone call and was still in the kitchen by her but not paying a lot of attention (she was being nice and quiet). After I was off the phone I noticed she was painting her body! We have painted her toe nails a lot this summer and so I think that is what she thought she was supposed to do!


THREE
Although I get frustrated from time to time when the kids want to sleep on our floor {again}, I will miss them hanging out and watching a movie as we all fall asleep. We have had a lot of late nights this summer. The transition back to school is going to be tough.

FOUR
Last week, we went to the beach for the day with friends (Being.Libby)! We hit up Zorbaz, Detroit Lakes beach, did a little shopping, and had some ice cream!




FIVE
Dan and Jaxon headed to Vikings training camp {again} but this time, my nephew Ashton and brother Donnie joined them! The had on field passes which make the day pretty memorable!





SIX
I am trying something new for September. I typically do my meal planning week by week. It works well for us and I've done it this way for years. However, for September, I planned a whole month of meals! I felt like this caused less repetition. I mean, I think we ate spaghetti every week! I tried to correspond it to our activities so I wrote down crock pot meals (I haven't gotten the instant pot yet) for our busy days! I am still planning on doing my grocery shopping each week for the meals ahead. I will let you know how it goes :)

SEVEN
Does anyone else REALLY love using a good pen?!?! I bought a few of these packs for home and work off Amazon this last week. They are THE BEST. I don't know what it is, but I love buying new pens and even better when I find some that I love! Plus, they are purple (they do have other colors, too) :)


EIGHT
I really think we are ready for school to start around here. We have our back to school shopping done (you can see that post here), we had back to school night, our house is somewhat organized, meals are planned, kids are at an all time boredom high, I am at an all time entertaining them low, and snacks/lunchbox items/produce are ready to go for next week (thanks to a Costco run yesterday). What am I missing?!?!?!?
HERE WE GO!

Have a great Labor Day weekend!

Comments

  1. I love a good pen and will have to check those out. I also like to plan for a month, it is less stressful each week when I already have the month planned and I can move weeks around if needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meal planning on a monthly schedule sounds like a great idea. Let us know how it works out. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are just starting our first year of tackle and my Oldest Little Farmer is loving it! And I love a good pen! Or pencil for that matter. Happy Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below:

Popular Posts