Back To School Shopping

Back to school is quickly approaching. In the past, I have brought Jaxon shopping one afternoon (often with Auntie Beth and we sometimes hit up Trollwood afterwards) to get a few new clothes, shoes, supplies, backpack, and enjoy time together before the school year starts.



This year has been a bit different. First off, we don't need supplies as we purchased them through our PTA and so they are ready and delivered to the classroom (SCORE). The boys' backpacks are in great condition from last year, they didn't need too many clothes, and finally, the boys do not want to go shopping. Period.

So this is our plan for this year...

Jaxon has been asking to get a few special supplies. We went to Walmart this week which ended up being perfect because they had a little Vikings school supply section. He picked a Vikings folder, notebook, and pencil box. Jace didn't care to pick any special supplies and in kindergarten they really use very specific things. He was more interested in having $1.00 to use in the claw machine when we left. HA.
The boys always need new shoes. We went to our local Scheel's and picked up new kicks for each of them. They both picked blue this year. I always splurge on shoes for the boys because they literally wear them every single day. I want them to hold up and I want them to be comfortable.
Backpacks: both the boys have Under Armour back packs from last year and they have held up super well. I recently washed them all and was pleased with how the dirt and stains came out. They really didn't care about getting a new backpack until......we were at our towns Night to Unite. The kids could register for prizes. Ella and I were on a little ride when her name was called as a winner! Jaxon went to claim her prize. There was a big table and they got to choose a prize and he picked a Vikings backpack {insert eye roll here}. HA. Clearly he was thinking of himself. Turns out, he will be using that backpack this year :)

Clothes: both of the boys needed new athletic pants (the only thing they will wear). I honestly picture such cute clothes that I see on the mannequins when I go places and dream of the boys being all cute in those outfits. It will not happen without a fight. I gave up on that battle. They each have a nice pair of pants for church and a few dressier shirts but I didn't even both buying jeans this year. Almost all their pairs had holes in the knees (anyone else's boys have this problem?!) or were getting too short. We went to TJ Maxx and found a few pairs of athletic pants for Jace but did not have any luck with Jaxon. We also picked up a few new shirts for the boys. I turned to online shopping for Jaxon for some pants. As I stated he has absolutely NO interest in going shopping and could care less if he has pants that fit him. I bought him some athletic pants and dress pants from Old Navy. I always feel like their clothes are super affordable and cute. He also scored some t-shirts. Such an easy shopping experience this year!

And seriously, when I look in the boys closet, they have WAY too many clothes. Jace is also sneaking up to Jaxon's height and can fit into some of his shirts. As for now, they don't care about sharing. Win, win. I probably didn't even need to buy anything but it is fun for me to get them a few new things each year.
I still want to take the boys out for a nice back to school lunch to talk about all things school with them and spend some special time together. We are hoping to do that this week :)

Do you have any back to school traditions?

We always take the obligatory back to school picture, but I also always try to have a special treat on hand for after school. A favorite is butterscotch maple cookies! The last few years we also have football on the first day of school so I do my best to plan ahead and have something ready (that the kids love) in the crock pot as well :) Having a meal that the kids love is definitely more difficult than a treat!

Comments

Popular Posts