How We Do FALL!


Today is all about how we do Fall! Each month, I link up with other bloggers to share some insight into a similar topic. 

Recaps
February: How We Take Care Of Ourselves
March: Mom Fail
April: Spring Cleaning
June: How We Plan Summer Vacations
July: How We Motivate Our Kids
August: How We Pack School Lunches

Fall weather = my favorite! Living in Minnesota, the weather is just beautiful in the fall. I love it for running, playing outside, open windows, and being in a non-air conditioned school all day!

One of the first things I do at the end of each summer is stock up on Bath and Body Works fall scented candles. Leaves is my favorite scent. There is nothing like Saturday and Sunday afternoons, windows open, and a the smell of the Leaves candle in my kitchen! Seriously, I love it!
We typically go to the pumpkin patch a few times each fall as well as go to grandpa's pumpkin patch. My dad has a huge garden and always plants pumpkins for the kids. They like to write their names on them in the summer and hope their pumpkin grows to be the biggest!

Seriously, I thought Ella was bald now - one year ago she REALLY had no hair!

We have went to visit my brothers family in Duluth each fall. The boys love to do this and go exploring. We are in the middle of figuring out our trip for this year!



With three boys in the house, fall also means FOOTBALL here. Between the boys being in flag football, going to high school games, the Bison and Gophers, and the VIKINGS, we do a lot of football in the fall! Dan, Jaxon, and I all have fantasy football teams as well...and we get quite competitive with each other!


BIRTHDAYS, BIRTHDAYS, BIRTHDAYS. Not only is my birthday in the fall but we also celebrate my mom, mother-in-law, sisters, two sisters-in-law, and two nieces birthdays in the fall! WHAT! So many birthdays!!!
Last year, my sister had just had her twins and my mom was up helping. Means we all have September/October birthdays, we snuck out one evening for a birthday celebration!

And, of course, Halloween! My name is Katie, and I am awful at planning costumes for my kids! Since the boys have been little, they have loved playing dress up. They typically just grab a costume from there and call it good for Halloween. The problem this year is: Jaxon is GROWING! And he may not want to be SpiderMan. He really wanted a bunch of scary costumes last year and I just couldn't do it. I am waiting for this conversation to come up again! I mean, you can only be a football player so many times, right?!?!?

I do a little bit of fall decorating but not a ton. One thing we ALWAYS have on hand in the fall is candy corn mixed with peanuts. The whole family loves the combination! Here are a few pictures of my little decorations :) 




We always enjoy a few bonfires, our neighborhood block party, and the transition to routines in the fall as well. That about wraps it up! 

Ella and I have stocked up on some cute fall clothing....stay tuned :)

Comments

Popular Posts