Friday Favorites!



It's finally Friday..YAY!

Today, I am linking up with other bloggers to share my Friday Favorites!


We started this week with the FLU. Last Thursday night/Friday morning, Ella woke up throwing up. Flu with babies is so hard and she did not feel great on her first birthday. On Saturday, after Jaxon was at a birthday party all day {OOPS}, he got sick through Monday and I was sick Sunday/Monday. WHEW. Glad that is OVER. Hopefully we will be healthy the rest of the season!

We had a few mishaps with vomit, and a dear friend borrowed me her portable deep cleaner. This is in my Amazon cart right now. I need it. It is awesome. And was a lifesaver. Easy to move, easy to clean, and I actually loved seeing all the gunk get pulled out of my carpet.

This was me on Monday afternoon. I think I got rid of most of the smell, but that smell is bad. Good friends who help a girl out are a FAVORITE!



We have had some chilly weather the last few weeks in Minnesota. I'm talking -30 to -60 below windchill chilly. The kids didn't get to be outside over Christmas break and we were all in need of fresh air. This weekend it finally warmed up between the teens and twenties. That is music to a Minnesota girls ears! With us being sick this weekend, we weren't able to enjoy the nice weather but were all about the fresh air Monday after school. I let Jaxon get outside as he was feeling better. This is Ella's CC Bean hat {many colors and so cute}.


Playing with friends!

Wishing she didn't need to warm up!

Jace taking a break to try to take a picture.

Snowball fights in cool weather are a favorite!


Awesome temps for January!! Another FAVORITE
We decided to be brave and venture out for supper on Wednesday night. We were awaiting a snowstorm and wanted to get out of the house for awhile. When Dan called on his way home from work to see if we wanted to go for supper, I jumped at the idea of not having to cook! We try not to go out to eat too often.
1. Because we don't typically choose healthy options {I know they are there}
2. The cost adds up fast
3. Ella....Enough.Said.
We chose an area pub where Dan loves the pizza. Going out to eat used to be a FAVORITE. Ella eats great at home. But EVERY time we go out, she is cranky, shoves all her food to the floor, does that high pitched scream I have come to understand is a 'girl thing', we initially can't feed her fast enough so we ask for her fruit early, and then by the time we get our food, she is DONE. All while Jaxon is non-stop talking about some football or basketball game/stat/player/Superbowl. This night was no exception. Thankfully, I only ordered fried pickles as I was planning on eating off everyone else's plates {Jaxon ordered a huge plate of nachos which I knew he would never consume 1/4 of and Dan and Jace shared a large pizza}. I ended up not really getting to eat at all. Just tried to keep her busy and happy. 
I do still enjoy getting out of the house with my family. But I will be boycotting sit down restaurants for a few months, at least.
Please, tell me someone else can relate?!?!
The new 'cheese' face never disappoints.

This kiddo fell asleep on the 15 minute drive. But was all smiles when he woke up.

My side of the table.

My preferred way to venture out of the house with Ella. Target. Definitely a FAVORITE.
Cheese face again

The boys enjoying a snack break after school. Two days a week they hang out in my office after school. Another reason I am thankful for my job. I had some snacks ready which are a FAVORITE for them! Typically, they talk my ear off for a few minutes and then they get busy with homework or drawing on the white board. #JaxonNeedsAHaircut 

Another favorite is...HAT HAIR {as long as it's not mine}! #JaceNeedsOneToo


These makeup remover towelettes have been a favorite for over a year {recently bought the Target up&up brand and don't love them quite as much as the Neutrogena brand}. They remove all my makeup, including eye make up. I don't feel like they dry out my skin. I try to use my Rodan & Fields regimen afterwards.   


That's all for now! We are gearing up for Ella's first birthday party tomorrow. So excited to celebrate with family and some friends. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Feel free to enter your email to the right under the 'follow by email' heading. You can get updates whenever I post. I am hoping to post Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays. We shall see how that turns out!

 I will be back Monday :) 



Comments

  1. I love the UP&UP makeup removers as well. I recently tried the ones you have pictured and hated them. I felt it was a little more harsh on my skin and definitely felt a difference in how my skin felt after using them compared to my usual purple packages ones. I LOVE the UP&UP Makeup Remover cleansing towelettes *Evening Calm* and definitely went back to them after I finished my other pack.

    https://www.target.com/p/makeup-remover-cleansing-towelettes-25-ct-up-up-153/-/A-49102557#lnk=sametab

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below:

Popular Posts